Friday, May 11, 2012

Mary Said "YES"

This post is out of place but that's ok. On Friday, May 11, 2012, Chad proposed to Mary. They have been dating since August of 2008 (since right after they graduated from high school.) I knew he was going to be proposing at some point after she graduated college. A few weeks before he proposed, I made the joke to him that he should propose before I went back to SC. Chad called me a few days before he proposed and ran a few things passed me. I told him I would help him out of he wanted. So...

After the graduation, we went out to eat at Bernardi's as a family. Chad took Mary back to his house saying he had a present for her there. I had mom and dad take Charlotte home and I told them I was going to be stopping by to see my friend Summer who was in town (I lied. Sorry God.) I then went to Walmart and bought 3 dozen roses. I took them up to the town square and placed them in a heart in the center of the gazebo. There were some dirty high schoolers up there being weird so my pregnant butt sat in the middle of the gazebo in my hot pink dress and waited for Chad and Mary to show up.




After quite awhile Chad finally called me and said they were coming soon. I told him that the kids had left and he said good. As soon as we got off of the phone, the stupid kids came back. When I saw Chad's truck pull up, I ran and hid behind a tree with my camera. As I was hiding, the thugs came back to be obnoxious but thankfully they were only there for a second. Chad took Mary up to the gazebo and proposed!


It's blurry but I couldn't use my flash otherwise they would see me. But here he is on one knee.

And they hug :)

Sealed with a kiss.

She can't believe it!

And the creepy pregnant lady in the hot pink dress is noticed.

They are ENGAGED!!!!



So sweet.

The reenactment...



A pic with Abe and his chick.

I mean, who wouldn't want this pic from their engagement????

I hurried up and went back to mom and dad's house quick so that no one would know I was with Chad and Mary. I went inside and got the camera ready to take more pictures :)

Despite the blurriness of Aunt Kathy, how funny is this picture??? Mary walked in and just showed her left hand. That's Aunt Kathy's reaction.

The reaction from the couch.

The Mother of Bride hugs the Groom.

The Bride To Be hugs her dad.

Grandma Ann said she had been waiting to hear of this. Check out the aunts crying in the background... The Webers are criers. Thats where I get it from.

To celebrate, we showed everyone that mom uses dad's old underpants as dust rags.

Congratulations, Mary and Chad :) We are so happy for you! Chad, you are already a part of the family but this just makes it official. We can't wait until March 23, 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment