Friday, May 11, 2012

Mary Graduates

So on Friday May 11, 2012, all of Mary's hard work paid off. After 9 years of grade school, 4 years of high school, and 4 years of college, Mary graduated with her Bachelor of Science in Nursing from Mennonite College of Nursing at Illinois State University. (Now, that's a mouthful!) That school is also known is being the same one I graduated from 8 years ago :) She is following in her big sister's foot steps! (Except her foot steps are MUCH bigger.) The graduation was at 4 pm so Anne Marie came up from Jeff City, MO that morning as well as our cousin Ryan. We all hung out and caught up. Charlotte loved the attention from Aunt Meem and Ryan.  This is a long group of pictures... and to think I didn't add most of them :) AND I didn't get the pictures off of mom's camera that I wanted.

Mom and Dad... their last college graduate. All four of their kids went to straight to college after high school and all four of their kids graduated college in four years!! AND all four of their kids received honors/awards at their college graduations. That, my friends, is impressive. 

Charlotte loves her Grandma Great

All ready for the ceremony. Oh, Braden Auditorium, the memories I have in you!

All dressed up for the ball. We had to ditch the sparkle shoes bc they kept falling off.

National Anthem

At least she doesn't think she rules the world or anything.

We saw Aunt Bare as she walked in and then again as she was on her way to get her diploma. Stupid pregnancy hormones made me tear up both times. Geesh... Charlotte was so proud of her Aunt Bare...and couldn't understand why she couldn't go with her.

Thank God that Katie missed school to come! She helped me take care of my crazy kiddo.

CHARLOTTE LOVES KATIE.

This, my friend, is what you've been working towards.

Hugs, pins, diplomas, back pats, tears, applause

Mary received the Outstanding Senior Award... the AKA "I am awesome" Award... AKA the same award I won 8 years ago on the very same stage. BOOM!

I think this picture is hilarious bc Charlotte has Mary's ropes in her mouth like a dog.

So proud of Bare Cat Webb



This picture explains all of our personalities to a T. John is ready for whatever is next. I am hating the moment and ready to slap someone. Dad doesn't know what's going on, he's just there. Mary wants this part to be over. Anne doesn't know if she's standing in the right place with the right family. Mom is bossing everyone around. I love this moment.

Has anyone seen a pregnant woman wearing a hot pink dress anywhere?

Mary and Chad

Grandparents make the world go 'round.

Katie is having too much fun! Aunt Kat, Mary, Ryan, Aunt Didi and Katie

Charlotte loves attention.

After graduation we drove to Sunnyland and ate some DELICIOUS Bernardis. AMAZING. Then, Chad proposed to Mary (see next post). We all celebrated later on at mom and dad's house. 

Saturday morning we had plenty of visitors hanging out at the house. Mary, Aunt Didi, Ryan, Katie, both Grandmas, Anne, Charlotte, and I went to see a bridal gown that Mary and I had gone and looked at a few weeks prior in Peoria. She tried on a few dresses but she had her heart set on the one that we found.

Her graduation party was Saturday,May 12. It was chilly and a bit crappy but the yard and house both looked great. Plenty of people came to see Mary and wish her congratulations :)

Mary used to work for a cake decorator so she had her do her graduation cake.

How cool is that nursing cap????

I didn't take a single picture the day after graduation (except when we were trying on wedding dresses) so I just took some off of Mary's Facebook.
Mary and Meliss.

Both sisters have bling now.

All three Weber girls with our old neighbor. It's crazy to think how young we were when she lived next door. She looks amazing...and is so happy now.

This is Mary and Chad's ring bearer and flower girl. How cute are they together??

It was a great night. Charlotte played outside with everyone. (I didn't have to worry about where she was bc there were so many people there to play with her.) I got to see so much family (AGAIN). I got to see old friends and so many friends of our family. I didn't even have to get my big 'ole pregnant rear end off of the couch to talk to anyone. They all came to me. :) It was a great night filled with amazing food and approximately 4 cupcakes. (And I wondered why I gained so much weight between doctor's appts.)

Happy Graduation, Mary! We are so proud of you!!! Charlotte, Little Bean, and I are so happy we were there to share the moment w you...and Alex really wishes he could have been there. We love you!! After you take your boards, you will be ALLLL set!!

No comments:

Post a Comment