Monday, May 21, 2012

Pool Days...And A "See You Later"

Again, I am ever so thankful for amazing friends. On Sunday, May 20, 2012, Callie and Jamie came over to visit Charlotte and I and to tell us "see you later." Their wedding is going to be June 30 in Charleston and Charlotte and I are planning on coming back for it (as I write this, it's the weekend of Callie's wedding and we are in Columbus. You see how well those hopes panned out.) After their visit, we went over to Alysia and Lee's house for dinner. They cooked for Charlotte and I (dvelicious) and we hung out for awhile. It was a perfect last evening hanging out at the Price household...not forever, just for awhile. I forgot to take pictures...mostly bc I was so sad that it was the last time I would be seeing them before I moved. Charlotte loved playing at their house and seeing their "dog dogs". 

On Monday, Leslie came over for lunch, to play with Charlotte, to see me, and to help me pack. Instead of going straight to work with the packing, we decided head to the pool. Being a whale of fun these days, I feel huge in a swimming suit and my crazy, wild child is harder to handle so its much easier to go to the pool when I have some help. 

Charlotte loved Leslie playing with her.



How sweet does she look in her swimming suit???



After swimming, Leslie and Charlotte played for awhile...and Charlotte threw a fit and banged her head on the cement...on purpose. Classic. It was then time to go down for a nap. While Charlotte napped, Leslie and I packed boxes. She was amazing. She got all of our daily dishes packed, picture frames, and other odds and ends. It was a great day and reminded me of just how much I am going to miss Leslie. :( 

Back when Alex was in Iraq and until right after we got married, Leslie and I were neighbors in Mt Pleasant. I loved having someone to ride to work with and someone to come over and hang out randomly. We had a blasty drinking many bottles of wine in a night. One of my favorite nights was the night we drank 4 bottles of wine between the 2 of us "sampling" them for our wedding. (Amanda had a glass but she isn't much of a wine person and she had to drive home afterwards.) All three of us were working the centerpieces for my wedding. If you were at the wedding and the centerpieces looked a bit strange, that had something to do with the fact that the people who arranged them had had quite a bit of wine. Leslie has been a great friend, a fabulous bridge walking partner, a lover of bagels with me, a stellar babysitter, and a dancing machine at all events with music that we attend together. Thank you, friend, for all of your help and for your friendship. You rock my socks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment