Saturday, May 26, 2012

Moving Day

Saturday May 26, 2012 was moving day. We all got up and got going. The movers were supposed to come at 11. By 11:30 we were calling them asking what the heck??? But they showed up about 11:45 am. They pulled up with their large truck (not a semi) and a small trailer to pull behind it. I had ordered the trailer as back up in case our whole house doesn't fit into the truck. As they get out and take a look at the outside of the house, they asked why we had ordered the trailer. I told them that I had had a freak out moment and I called the company and ordered it as a back up. They laughed at me. Thought it was funny but they KNEW they wouldn't need it. I said, "We'll see... Better to be safe than sorry."

Let the loading begin!!!!
Max was super confused but excited about having a box spring to hang out on.

Morning nap came right after the movers did :) So Papa and Goose had some time together. She was so tired she literally laid down on his shoulder and was out.

Brittney, our wonderful neighbor that has helped babysit Charlotte and has kept me company many days, came over to say goodbye as well. Charlotte loves Brittney but she loves her dog-dogs even more. When Charlotte see Brittney, she instantly starts yelling "dog-dog". So funny. Then she barks... "woof woof"

I don't have a picture of  this but Charlotte and dad took another nap together in the rocking chair under the front tree. Her afternoon nap was taken in Papa's arms as well. Right after that, they ate about half of a carton of ice cream together. HILARIOUS :)

Naturally the ice cream truck came during moving time. Charlotte had her first real white trash ice cream truck experience. Buying ice cream from a creepy van in just a diaper. (Note our moving truck in the background. It was full at this time.)

She's so excited!

And she loves the rocket pop thing. Naturally mom was excited about getting Charlotte something that was Americana. Who knew???

The movers finished loading the truck AND THE TRAILER around 5:30. They were exhausted. I told them that they will never doubt a pregnant woman again. They filled the truck. They filled the trailer. We still had stuff left at the house that wouldn't fit. So we left those odds and ends and donated them to the Kidney Foundation. I am pretty sure they hated how much stuff we had.

Everything that's left on these counters had to fit in the already full 2 Tahoes that were going to Georgia. Julie hit the jackpot that day. She got a ton of food and cleaning products to take home and use. It was the LEAST we could do for her for all that had done for us. I really don't know what we would have done had Julie not come and spent 8 hours with us. She cleaned the carpets, helped clean the house, helped throw stuff away, she put out any fires with the renters. Julie is amazing. We are so very lucky to have her and my parents in our lives. If it weren't for the three of them, I am pretty sure I would have either gone into preterm labor from all of the work the needed to be done or I would have had a stroke from my blood pressure spiking bc of the stress.

Max had no idea what to think of his empty house...

The best realtor in the entire world. Julie Gilmore. She's amazing. I look hot. Don't be hating. This is me after a crying shower, no make up, and very little sleep.

Charlotte hates to say goodbye to "Aunt Juju"

One last picture in front of our humble abode... :(
I hate goodbyes...

No comments:

Post a Comment