Thursday, May 10, 2012

A Busy Thursday

Thursday, May 10, was a busy day for me :) It was my last regular day in Illinois with nothing planned. I got up early and went to see my best friend, Brianne, try on her wedding dress for alterations. Her mom and dad live in the same county as my parents so I made the short trip over to the huge town of El Paso, IL to see her. Her dress looks AMAZING on her!! She looks absolutely beautiful!!! I can't wait until her wedding day in August! Here is a picture of her naked :) I blocked out everything except her face.

 She's going to be one of the most beautiful brides I have ever seen... and my postpartum hormones will probably have me sobbing like a baby.

Mom and Charlotte hung out while I went to see Brianne. After that, I went and saw them at mom and dad's house for a bit. Then they hit the rode to run some errands. I then grabbed some lunch at Jimmy John's (super disappointed in my sandwich but thoroughly impressed with the chocolate chip cookie). I met the beautiful Jodi and baby Emily at a nail place in Peoria. My last pedicure was when I had been back in Illinois in February. I still had the same nail polish on. I think the nail girl judged me when I told her that. But, I mean, what kind of mom goes and gets a pedicure by herself with a toddler that doesn't sit still??? It's not an option for me to get a pedicure in Charleston when I don't have childcare. DUH. Whatev. It was great to see Jodi one last time. We have vowed to someday live near each other again. She looks fabulous...doesn't even look like she had a baby April 21. Emily went to the nail place with us and never budged the entire appt. 

After my appt, I met Mary at mom and dad's house and we ran to pick up Charlotte from mom. Mary had just finished her last exam for nursing school earlier that day. Crazy to think that was me 8 yrs ago. She felt like a huge weight had been lifted off of her shoulders and she was ready to celebrate. So we went and got Charlotte from mom and ran a few errands.

It was a beautiful day outside so we spent the rest of the afternoon and evening outside. Again, our last chill afternoon in Illinois so I wanted Charlotte to be able to run free.

When I told Sammy we would be leaving Sunday, he jumped for joy. Well, not really, but he looked pretty relieved.

How cute is she in this little dress???

Charlotte has no problem getting people to do what she wants them to do. She just grabs their finger and guides them...

Look at those baby blues...

Sammy actually let Charlotte pet him... he did scratch her one time and it DEVASTATED her. But this particular day, he was all about letting her pet him. Maybe because he knew she was on her way out the door.

Love this picture of this little guy.

Charlotte LOVES her Aunt "Bah". Loves her so much.


The time has gone so fast. It's crazy to think that it's been almost 4 weeks. But, now, it's Mary's Graduation weekend and then time for us to hit the road back to Charleston.
Thursday was a great day...and getting to see 2 of my closest, most wonderful friends was a HUGE bonus.

No comments:

Post a Comment