Monday, May 14, 2012

Nothing Could Be Finer Than To Live in Carolina

May 13, 2012 was Mother's Day. I woke up crabby and stressed just because I knew that we had a drive ahead of us. Just thinking of being stuck in a car with Charlotte and Max again for 16 hours was making me very anxious. Mary, Mom, Dad, and Anne went to Mary's church in Metamora that morning while Charlotte and I stayed back at mom and dad's house for her to nap. Church just so happened to be at the time of her morning nap and with the drive ahead of us, I wasn't willing to risk her sleep schedule being all jacked up.

After their church, we joined them at Mary's fiance, Chad's house where his mom was cooking Mother's Day lunch for all of us. It was delicious and such a sweet gesture. She knew that we were driving back to SC and that mom had just thrown a big party the day before so she didn't want us having to worry about a meal. We then went back to mom and dad's house and Charlotte and I took a nice loooong nap together.

At around 5 or 5:30 pm, mom, Charlotte, Max and I loaded up into mom's Tahoe and started our drive. We went to McDonalds in Bloomington for dinner (always nutritious) so we could eat while we drove. The drive went well. Naturally in the backwoods/hills of Tennessee I had to take a 35 mile detour through a winding forrest at 3 am while it was raining. Totally creepy and tiring. Mom and I switched off and on throughout the  trip. We ended up getting back to our house in Charleston around 11 am. Long drive. Minimal sleep. Max was amazing. Charlotte was really really good for her. (She still hates being in her carseat.)

We made it safe and sound back to Charleston. All three of us took a long nap as soon as we got there. I then headed off to my doctor's appt. Our little bean sounded great and my blood pressure was good enough for me. The one negative to the day was that when we got back from Illinois our air conditioner was not working. SO we had to call into the home warranty company and have them get someone out to fix it. It was good to have mom there to visit for a few days to get more packing done and to watch Charlotte while I did a few things.

Charlotte was so glad to be home and Max was even happier to have his screened in porch back. 

Thank you mom and dad for a fabulous 4 weeks of help, food, shelter, and company. We had a fabulous time in Illinois. It went way too fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment