Thursday, May 24, 2012

A BIG and Busy Day!

On May 24, 2012, Charlotte had SUCH a big day (as did I).  We woke up in the morning and started our day like normal. Nicole planned to come over and help me pack and hang out with Charlotte for a bit while I packed. A HUGE surprise for Charlotte was that Alex was on his way from Columbus. He and someone from his work were driving to Charleston. So, around 11:30, Alex pulled up out front of the house. I told Charlotte to look outside bc Daddy was outside. She stood at the door in anticipation. As soon as he stepped out of the car, she got SO EXCITED!! She started screaming "Dada!! Dada!" It was so sweet and sad all at the same time. She could tell who he was all of the way from the house to the street.
This was Alex's first time back at our house since he moved to Georgia February 9. It was so funny that Charlotte knew as soon as she saw him get out of the car that it was him. Alex brought her a massive chocolate chip cookie as a present. Naturally she needed to eat it right in the middle of the living room floor. 

He's so proud of the sugary treat he brought her.

Nicole was a life saver. She came over and played with Charlotte, packed boxes, organized stuff, and just sat and talked to me. It made me so happy just to see her and hang out for a few before I had to move.

Charlotte loves Nicole. Nicole is one of her fabulous babysitters. Charlotte has always done fabulous with Nicole. Nicole was also one of Charlotte's (and mine) nurses at the hospital. Her bachelorette party and wedding were the first that Charlotte had been to. Nicole is one of my best friends. I really don't know what I would do without her. She knows so much about me. She there for me no matter what. And her and I see alot of things the same way but we are the first to say that the other is wrong. She's an amazing friend. I am going to miss her so much :( The great thing about Nicole and I is that we have a great phone friendship as well.

Throughout the afternoon, Alex and I got a bunch of stuff done around the house. We also made time to go down to the pool a block away. Charlotte loves her some pool time so she was all about that. We then got ready and headed to Summerville to have dinner with the Stackleys :) Another goodbye :(

We took Papa Murphy's pizza over to their house for dinner. Charlotte was so excited when she walked in and saw Jaxson...and all of his toys. The girl LOVES toys these days. She's all about them. And he had boy toys...lots of them... so she was even more excited. It was so wonderful to see them. They are like family to me and bc of that they are like family to Alex. He and Josh have gotten to be good friends. It's crazy to think Diane and I have been best friends for 6 years. We met in 2006... at a bowling alley... I remember it like it was yesterday :) I was wearing a trucker hat and holey jeans. She hung out w me bc she had to. We were there w the same group of people. Who knew that we would get so close. It's going to be so hard to be so far away from them. We know that they are there for us NO MATTER WHAT and they would do anything for any of us. I don't know what we are going to do without them... 

Sweet Jaxson Raymond :)

Charlotte was so excited to see such a variety of different balls @ their house :)

So it was a day of hellos (hello to our family being reunited) but a BIG day for goodbyes. So sad to leave these people. But so happy to not be a single momma. Love having my hubster back with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment