Monday, September 10, 2012

So Much Family Time!

We were so sad on Monday morning when we woke up because that meant that our time of having Melissa visit us was coming to a close :( We loved having her here...and hopefully she will come back sometime soon.

Regardless of the expression on her face, Charlotte was sad to see Melissa go.

I was taking to Melissa to the airport Monday around noon. Since I was nursing, I knew Sawyer had to come with me. Grandpa Jackson offered for them to watch Charlotte so I took them up on as long as she was warmed up to everyone. Turns out she think of Amelia as a kid (like she does my cousins Katie and Melissa) so she took to Amelia "Min-a Min-a" fabulously. I knew if Amelia was there, Charlotte would be fine. They came over to our house around 11 am. Charlotte started playing with them and getting used to them while I finished getting ready.

I gave Grandpa Jackson a tour of where everything in the house is...showed him the diapers, food stuff, and gave him a rundown of Charlotte's typical day. He was ready for the task at hand...but not until he got a few goodbye snuggles in from Sawyer.
 (photo courtesy of Amelia Kate)

Charlotte knew she had everyone's undivided attention... so she just did her thing.
 (photo courtesy of Amelia Kate)

 One last picture before we headed to the Atlanta airport.
Since we left on time...in face we left a few min ahead of schedule. So we went to a Mexican restaurant on our way to the airport. DELICIOUS CHIPS AND SALSA. We dominated them.

Getting ready to get checked in at the airport.

All checked in and ready to go through security. This is where we must part!!!

Sawyer loved his cousin Melissa coming to visit. He loved all of the extra attention and snuggles that he got from her. This was Melissa's first time flying in awhile and her first time flying by herself ever. I was a bit nervous for her bc Atlanta can be intimidating. However, I knew she would do great. We showed her a map of the airport, gave her directions to her gate, and said goodbye at security.
Liss, Thanks so much for coming. I know it was a bit wild, loud, full of spitting, stressful, and lots of just hanging out at our house, but we loved having you here. We loved every minute of it. Thank you for all of the help with my kiddos. They love you so much...as do I! Come back anytime!!! It will only get better from here. Keep working on your Georgia accent. You'd sound so cute with a bit of a Southern drawl :) Love you!!!!


While I was gone, I kept texting Grandpa Jackson to make sure Charlotte was being good. He said yes...although I am not sure he would tell me if she wasn't. They went to lunch at Cracker Barrell and they stopped by then grocery store so Mimi could get the ingredients for Chicken Corn Chowder for Alex. Charlotte was so excited that Grandpa and Grandma bought her a little spill proof thing of bubbles. This child LOVES bubbles! They sure know the way to her heart.


I nursed Sawyer in the parking lot of the airport and then we traveled back to Columbus. I had to pull over once bc he was in a panic but other than that it was an easy drive. In fact, it was kind of nice to be by myself (with a sleeping infant) driving. I could listen to music (not a kid's movie) and I could talk on the phone without interruption :) 

When we got back, I got Sawyer out of his carseat to stretch and play. He LOVES his playmat. Mimi got down on the ground with me and played with him for awhile. Aunt Amelia grabbed her camera and took some fabulous pictures of him bright eyed and bushy tailed.






I took this one of Mimi playing with him.

Charlotte loves an audience!!

Grandma Jackson and our big boy

Mimi holding her first great grandson

Our pool needed a good scrubbing and bleaching. Naturally Charlotte had to jump in when she saw me pull out the hose.

Grandpa Jackson and Charlotte playing.

Whenever I am around Ronnie, I realized why Alex is like a big kid himself :) He gets it from his dad. Ronnie decided to climb our rock path and trample through the woods for a few minutes. Can you find him?

After coming inside and getting Charlotte started on dinner, everyone got their last minute snuggles in and headed out.
They left between 6 and 6:30. I got the kiddos bathed and ready for bed. They were both in bed sound asleep when daddy got home. A full day for all of us!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment