Sunday, September 23, 2012

More Friends, More Fun

Our fabulous trip in Charleston continues on...

We may have only had 40 hours (including sleeping time) in Charleston but we crammed it full of things!!

We stayed at the Daniel Island Park until about 5 pm, then we headed back to the hotel...with Lee and Alysia coming up behind us. (I was SO HAPPY that they had blocked off their entire day for us. MADE ME SO HAPPY.) We planned to maybe even swim once we got back to the hotel but ended up deciding against that.

When we got back to the hotel, Leslie Johnson came and met up with us as well as Lee's brother and Catherine and her bunch of loves. We had so much fun. It was also happy hour down in the lobby with free drinks. We all ate, drank, and were merry. We ordered pizza in and that was absolute perfection.

Charlotte got to continue playing, playing, and playing. She LOVED Meredith...and sweet Meredith has gotten so old since we saw her last in May.

Lincoln was so good with both of the baby girls. You can tell he is just an amazing big brother.

See, he is just so sweet with them:) And Charlotte was just wanting some kisses from everyone.

Leslie, oh Leslie. She was a lifesaver. Sawyer was having some major major tummy issues. He was screaming quite a bit. In fact, some very rude 30 something yr old man was rolling his eyes at us. I wanted to tell him that if he wanted quiet to go to his hotel room. I also just wanted to punch him. I mean, my child is in pain and he was upset bc his game was on and it was disturbing his game. However, Leslie calmed him. Held him. Loved on him. She also was trying to run after Charlotte for me. Then she was offering to stay late at our hotel and watch our kids while we went out and did something just Alex and I. She offered to put them to bed and everything. What an amazing friend. Leslie, you rock. I miss you so much.

Two amazing beauties :) Love these girls.

Look at sweet William. He loves hanging out with Alex. He just sat and talked to him and laughed.

Cat with her bunch :) We were so glad they came out to play... even though it was a school night...even though we never made it into the pool. It was still perfect and I was so happy I got to meet Blue.

Charlotte loves Alysia. Can you tell by the way she is looking at her?

Around 8 pm we decided to go upstairs and everyone else went home. We got all settled in. Alex was the first to fall asleep... he was asleep by 9 pm, Charlotte by 9:15, Sawyer bye 9:30, and me by 10. (Obviously Sawyer woke up multiple times in the night but it was good to start my sleep so early.)

What a perfectly fabulous friend filled day. I have missed my Charleston family more than I could ever express.

No comments:

Post a Comment