Saturday, September 8, 2012

Melissa Comes to Georgia

I love having a close relationship with my family. I love that so many of my family members WANT to come visit us. When Melissa told me she wanted to come visit and would love to just get out of her hometown for a long weekend, I was ecstatic. The timing was perfect for her to ride back with us from Illinois. This way she got to fly on her own but didn't have to pay for flights for both ways. It was perfect.

We spent most of the weekend hanging out at home. Having driven through the night Thursday night, we lost a bunch of sleep so we spent Friday catching up on sleep and just hanging out at the house. We watch a bunch of TV and played outside off and on. Meliss played with Charlotte and snuggled Sawyer. She had already figured out Sawyer's favorite positions and ways to get the gas out of his belly. SO HELPFUL for me :) Unfortunate for Melissa, Charlotte was going through a bit of tough spot in life and kept throwing LOTS of fits and spitting and hitting. I was also stressed and crabby so the two of clashed BIG TIME. Thank God Melissa was here to be the buffer between the two of us :)

Sawyer loved his snuggles with Melissa.

Charlotte was so happy Melissa brought her swimming suit. Since Mommy couldn't get into the swimming for another 2 weeks, this was perfect for Charlotte to take a dip. Her and Melissa played and played...

and at popsicles.

I don't know why but this picture completely cracks me up.

Big ball. Small pool.

We did actually leave the house for awhile. We went to the grocery store and to get pizza. But we mostly just stayed home

...and we ate.

Charlotte is doing better with her sharing. Normally the girl does not share her bread.

But Melissa got to have some.

I really wish some of my family could move closer...or we could move closer to them. When they visit it just reminds me of how awesome it would be to live to where we could just "go over" to their house and hang out. It would be awesome for everything not to have to be planned a month in advance...and airline tickets bought...and driving plans made. 

We had a great start to our weekend with Melissa. Charlotte couldn't get enough of the extra attention. 

No comments:

Post a Comment