Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Sawyer Weber Jackson, Meet Your Peeps

Sawyer Weber Jackson joined the world and our lives on August 8, 2012, at 1711 (5:11 pm for those for those of you who do not know military time.) This beautiful creature graced us with this presence in this world. God has given us another gift, another blessing.

Alex holding his sweet baby boy for the very first time.

Not quite sure what the worried expression is but Alex is pretty animated so I am sure he was telling Sawyer something crazy :)

Wide awake and ready to eat!!!!

Ok, so this picture makes me laugh SO HARD everytime I see it. I am positive Alex will love that I put it in this blog. I would like to know if Alex is talking, yawning or sneezing. I would like to know what the look on my face is for. Am I annoyed? Am I dreading the pain associated with breastfeeding? Am I wanting a shot of vodka? I just don't know.

I told you he was animated. 
(Sorry, babe. You are just so funny and you don't even know it!!)

Mom, Dad, Baby

Getting to hold the sweetest boy in the entire world.

There is nothing like it. Look at his face. Perfect.

Mary, we were so thankful that you were able to be here for one of the two most important moments of our lives. Thank you for taking amazing pictures. Thank you for holding my leg. Thank you for being such a wonderful aunt to our crazy kids. Thank you, thank you. We love you.

Aunt Bare with her first nephew.

Sawyer breastfed like a CHAMPION! However, with me being a gestational diabetic, that meant his chances of his blood sugar dropping dramatically post delivery were very high. SO after he nursed for 20 minutes, he got to top it all off with a delicious dessert of Similac. His very first bottle.

Charlotte, Gigi and Papa came to see us and visit around 7 pm. Little Sawyer wasn't even 2 hours old! Charlotte had spent the day with Gigi and Papa. They played. They ate McDonalds. They went to Walmart (and didn't get shot) and bough Sawyer some clothes.

This is her face when she saw me sitting in the hospital bed. Sawyer was under the warmer getting blood drawn so she had no idea a baby was even in the room.

She messed her hair up BIG time in the care on the way there. She is getting better with wearing bows but she still tries to pull them out sometimes. Apparently, she tried to pull out the bow Gigi put in as soon as they got in the car. So, daddy fixed her hair before she met her little brother.

Here she is getting her hair fixed. This was her face the first time she heard Sawyer cry.

The nurse gave Sawyer to me and Alex put Charlotte down on the bed. She grabbed him out of my arms and instantly started holding him. I was a crying mess.

My two beautiful children.

And.... I'm crying. Shocking.

She is so proud sitting there. Holding him like she has always known him.

I LOVE THIS PICTURE OF HER. Giggling away. She was still sitting on the bed with me and I had put Sawyer back in my lap. She was SO CUTE.

My perfect family.

Gigi and Papa with their grandchildren... them seeing Sawyer close up for the first time.

I think they will be best friends.

I don't think mom and dad could be any happier.

They moved me from my labor room to my postpartum room around 8 pm. Dad and Alex went out and got me some McDonalds for dinner. I didn't  really care what I ate, just as long as I got some Diet Coke. Mom and Mary helped me get everything moved and put away in the new room. My new nurse there was very nice. She reminded me of a nurse I used to work with at Trident. She made me laugh. 

Papa and Gigi before they headed back to the woods (aka our home) for the night. Dad was pretty smitten with that little man.

At 3 hours old, Sawyer was having his first Skyping experience. Here Sawyer is meeting his Aunt Meem.

Here you go, Anne :) You made the blog!!!

Skype is amazing. It's the next best thing to being there in person.

Look at that fresh, chubby face.


Sawyer is loved. He has been loved like crazy since the moment we found out he existed in my belly. There is going to be so much love given to this sweet little man.

It's amazing how you really do just fall in love with them the minute you hold them.

Welcome to the world, Sawyer. Momma loves you more than I could ever express.

No comments:

Post a Comment