Saturday, August 25, 2012

A Much Needed Visit from a Best

You know, sometimes you just need a friend. It was so very very very very good to see Diane. When I had Charlotte last year, my patient room (the nicely decorated one) was a revolving door. People in and out and everywhere. It was amazing. This time with Sawyer, the nurses barely even came in. I only had 6 visitors at the hospital with 5 of them being my family. It was so very different. I was so happy when Diane wanted to come visit me within the first few weeks of Sawyer being born. She drove to her dad's place in Newnan , spent the night, drove to see me on Saturday and went back to Newnan that night.

We spent all day playing and talking and being just us. It was wonderful. Charlotte loved having "Didi" here to see her and play with her. They read books, ate snacks, and played.
Diane brought Charlotte a fabulous gift... food and some little princess dolls. Charlotte LOVES THEM!

We just hung out at the house for afternoon then we decided we needed to cure our sweet tooth. So we went in search of cupcakes. We found a cute little shopping center (who knew Columbus had such a thing??) In it we found a baby boutique (adorable) and this FABULOUS cupcake store. We got cupcakes and pizza and headed home. Delicious, lowfat foods :)

Charlotte was in LOVE with her cupcake. 

Sawyer loved Diane. He kept sucking on her arm :)

Kisses for thanks and goodnight. While I put Charlotte to bed, Diane kept Sawyer quiet. It made life MUCH easier having a second set of ears while I put peanut #1 down for the night.

So beautiful at 5 months pregnant.

Diane, it mean THE WORLD to us that you drove a total of 10 hours just to hang out with us for 10 hours. It was a perfect day. We miss you more than you know. Sawyer loved meeting you. He told me. He said your arms taste like ice cream. :) You are amazing. I don't know what I would do without you. Our family is so lucky to have you. We love you so much.
 We can't wait to meet your next little peanut. He and Sawyer will be the best of the best. We can't wait until January!

No comments:

Post a Comment