Tuesday, August 7, 2012

The Day Before Baby #2


We woke up bright and early on the morning of August 7, 2012. Gigi and Papa were on their way down to see us and prepare for baby Bean. They arrived around 7:45 am. It was so cute. They rang the doorbell and Charlotte went running. She's always talking about "Papa" and she was so excited to open the door and see her "Papa" standing there!

August 7, 2012, is not just the day before our second child is set to arrive, BUT it is also our THIRD anniversary! Yep, three WHOLE years!! It's crazy to think how fast it has gone!!! Happy Anniversary, my love. The ride just keeps getting better!

The day started off with an appt at the doctor's office. I had to get my last nonstress test. So, Mary went with me. She got to sit and listen to the baby's heartbeat with me for 30 minutes. She got to meet the sweet, sweet lady Lynn who was in charge of doing my nonstress tests twice a week for the last 5 weeks. Lynn has become one of my only friends here in Columbus. She even offered to take care of Charlotte or come to the hospital with me if I were to go into labor and we weren't able to get family here in time. So nice..

After my dr appt, I ran a few errands and then took lunch to Alex at work. We had a romantic anniversary lunch while his work phone rang, people were called over the loud intercom system, and salesmen and managers ventured in and out of his office asking him questions. It really was romantic :)

While I was out and about, Charlotte stayed home and played with Gigi and Papa and Bare.

I love this series of pictures of her looking at dad while they played.

She gives him the sweetest looks.

So proud of her tower!

So proud she felt she needed to move it across the room.

UH-OH. BOOM.

On my way to get a pedicure with Mary. 
Here is what my 38 wks and 4 days pregnant belly looks like.

Love this sweet child. Can not wait to meet this bean.

Mary and I got pedicures and ran a few more errands, then we headed home for some dinner and quality time with the Goose.

Getting ready for bed. Look at that hilarious look on her face!

Such a ham!

Our last picture as a family. Right before bed. I was very anxious about putting Charlotte to bed for the last time. I tried to rock her to sleep but with all of the excitement going on around the house, she would not fall asleep. SO we let her get up and run around. This picture was taken around 10 pm :)

Last kiss goodnight before we add to our brood..

Good night, sleep tight :)

And while I went to bed to prepare for a day of being in labor, the rest of the crew stayed up (including Charlotte) and watched TV. I believe I heard her running around still after 11 pm :)


Everytime I did anything during the day, I kept thinking that life was going to change tomorrow. It was completely bittersweet. I also kept thinking throughout the day that people were probably looking at me wondering if the baby was going to fall out of me. Less than 24 hours until we will be holding our sweet angel!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment