Saturday, June 22, 2013

We're Gonna Party Like It's My Birthday

The 22nd of June was a very long day for our family. It started with the Lincoln-Douglas Run/Walk, then the parade, then a little birthday shindig at our house planned by myself, and a little dance/fun times up at Old Settler's Days.

After the parade, the kids and I headed home. I needed to finish cleaning the house for some friends and family to come over for snacks and drinks. The kids went down for a nap and I was able to get some stuff done. As I was cleaning, cooking, and what not, I got a big surprise!! Anne Marie showed up! She had said she couldn't come to help celebrate my birthday with me (and I was bummed.) But she DID show up. She drove up from Jeff City Saturday morning to be with us! So we ordered Monical's pizza and we hung out and played! The kids were super excited to see her...as was I.

Everyone started coming to hang out and drink and play around 5:30.

Sweet Baby Eliza came with her Mommy and Dady.

Is she not the cutest little girl in the world????

My kids come on very strong. Very strong. They intimidate the crap out of shy kids.

Anne Marie went to see a friend of hers and when she got back to my house for the food, drinks and fun, she brought ANOTHER surprise with her!!! Aunt Kathy drove all of the way up, all by herself (for the first time) and she came to party!!

My two surprises!!
I am so happy they came!!!

Chad and Bare...probably watching the Cardinals play

Sawyer loves pretty girls! Here he is giving Erin a kiss. So sweet.

Sawyer also loves his crazy Papa. Dad does this thing with his cheeks and mouth and the kids go wild.

Eliza started to warm up to Charlotte and Sawyer. She even sat in the rocking chair with her.

Sisters. Laughing at someone. Or something.

Love my sisters.

And I love this guy right here. He loves me so much that he can't even sleep through the night.

Food, friends,family, and...... shots. We enjoyed some Rum Chata.


Around 7 pm, Mom and Dad took the kids and headed home. They were having a slumber party with Gigi and Papa so that Momma and Daddy could party like rockstars. Jessica, Anne, Mary, Chad, Erin, Zach, Alex, and I all headed up to Old Settler's Days. Jake Maurer and his band from Nashville were playing at the square. We parked a few blocks away and we had a small bar in the back of the Tahoe.

Alex was being the bartender.

We all had a bit of tasty deliciousness in our cups. We were trying to fly under the radar.

Jake and the Naked Truth

The town square was hopping
(And Erin, her friend, Jodi, and I dominated this little dance floor before the night was over.)
We invited a few more people to our bar.

Classy? Not so much. Think ahead type of people? Yes.

Aunt Kathy had a great time. She LOVED Jake. She got a CD and got her name in good. Then John came and got her and took her to Mom and Dad's house to bed.

The rowdy crowd!!
Derrick, Jodi, and Alex. Clearly a good time is being had.

After the show was finished up at the square, we headed over to a townie bar and had some more fun. We ran into random people from high school. I drank ENTIRELY way too much. I finally made it home safe thanks to my amazing husband who took such great care of me. I had so much fun!! I should have stopped drinking 2 hours before I did. BUT you only turn 31 once and this is the first birthday since I was 27 that I can drink and have a good time. (I was pregnant at 28, breastfeeding at 29, and pregnant at 30.) A great time was had.... but I probably won't drink again for quite awhile....

No comments:

Post a Comment