Thursday, June 13, 2013

Adam and Adrienne's Rehearsal

On Thursday, June 13, after we got into SC, got settled and saw Grandma and Grandpa Jackson, it was time for the wedding festivities to begin! I got the kids back to the hotel and as soon as they got back, they were both sound asleep within minutes. Alex made the call to let them sleep and leave them at the hotel with Mom while we went to the rehearsal.  I got ready fast and met Adam, Adrienne, Alex, and some of their fabulous friends downstairs at the "Manager's Special" happy hour. I also brought wine for all of us and brought us some beer. It was perfect. We all hung out, drank some drinks (for free) and we bonded before the craziness began.

Alex and Adam got to the hotel. Alex bought Adam a room so that they could spend the night before the wedding together and so he wasn't sleeping in the same place as his beautiful bride the night before his wedding. So we all loaded up and went to the wedding site for a fabulous rehearsal!! :)

The rehearsal was great. This is hands down the best group of bridesmaids I have ever encountered in a wedding...and I have been in 15 weddings! They are all so much fun!! And even though I had never met any of them, I felt like we were all best friends from the start! We goofed off and had a blast the entire rehearsal. It was none of our first rodeos so it was pretty straight forward... walk up, stand there, walk back when it's over :)

After the rehearsal, we all got ready for the dinner. Naturally we finished off all of the wine and as we finished, one of the bottles broke in the parking lot.... OOPS!!! :)

The rehearsal dinner was held at a delicious BBQ place! Hudson's BBQ was a great choice...esp for such a perfect Southern wedding.
When we got there, we were greeted by cousin Holly and baby girl Lila! :) SO SO SWEET. (Her and Sawyer are about a month apart.)

Bridesmaid HOLLA!!!

I swear that we just met this day and we felt like we had been friends for years :)
Jessica, you are a blasty!!!

After we ate a great meal, we all enjoyed cake.
Here is the fish cake that Ronnie and Laurie had made for the rehearsal.

The bridesmaids' table. Beer bottles anyone???

Oh, sister :) Love this of you!

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, this is our bride and groom!!
They are so ready for tomorrow :)

The very pregnant Matron of Honor.... passed out... on the Bride's shoulder... TOTALLY KIDDING.

This is DJ.
DJ is one of Adam's best friends.
DJ is great.
DJ is funny.
DJ is a really good time.
DJ says it how it is.

Here DJ.

I think he should make a match.com profile and have this be his picture.

The Jackson kids.
All four.
Together again.

After the rehearsal dinner was over, most of the friends and wedding party went to Wild Wing. I opted out of this knowing I needed to tuck my babies in and knowing I had not slept more than 30 minutes since the day before... (I had truly been up for 40 hours.) Alex went to Wild Wing with everyone. I went to bed. Charlotte was awake and waiting for me. Sawyer was sound asleep. So Charlotte crawled up in bed with me and went to sleep. So sweet.

It was a great day and so so good to see Adrienne again :) It's been too long. The day was never ending...I mean, it felt like two days crammed into one :) Kidding. 

No comments:

Post a Comment