Sunday, June 9, 2013

Much Needed Girls' Day


On Saturday, June 8, I had a much needed day planned with my girls. It had been FOREVER since I had just hung out with my friends...no babies, no baby daddy. I planned to go to "The City" for the day with some of my very best friends. The kiddos were dropped off with Gigi and Papa for the day and night. (By the time Alex gets off of work, they are usually asleep.)

After I dropped the kids off, I headed toward  "The City". I almost got into a car accident as I was driving.  A guy pulled out in front of me...like RIGHT in front of me....and I had to turn my wheel as far to the right as it would go and veer off of the road onto a side road. I lost control of the car for a bit. The guy actually turned back around and came and checked on me. He was very nice. He said that he was so sorry and that he just did not see me. He then complimented my driving...saying "you are one hell of a driver. That was amazing." Thank you, thank you...

I made it to Amy's house safely. We grabbed our purses, jumped in her car and headed for Tammy's house in Burbank. Once we got there, we got to see Chris and Nick for a few minutes then we headed toward the train. We took the train into downtown Chicago. There were some interesting people. Amy got a bit freaked out from the loud man that was cursing, talking about God, and most likely on something. Tammy just laughed at her.

As we got off of the train, we were in the underground part. This is the massive escalator that you take to get back up to street level. I have never been on an escalator this narrow.


We survived the train!!
Let's eat!
We asked a dude which direction the restaurant was in and he pointed us in the exact wrong direction. We ended up walking for forever and realizing that we were wrong... so we turned around. The only bonus to that was the creepy older man that told me as we passed him on two different occasions  that I am a "beautiful princess" and I made his day. He was creepy, smelled of awful cologne, and got too close for comfort, but I will take it as a compliment :)


Lunch with some of the very very best.
Mexican, margaritas, good talk, great girls


We then walked to the Old Towne art festival. It was serious business. We all had some strong margaritas so we kept it rolling with some $10 Sangria at the art festival. There were some interesting folks at this festival. The lovely lass pictured below was between my mom and my grandma's age. She was in a wig, booty shorts, a shirt baring her chest quite a bit, and a dead animal carcass of some sort. Perfection.


I wish I could tell and show you just how many people crammed onto this street for the art. Jenn and Ash looked at the art and enjoyed drinks. Amy, Tammy, and I just drank. :)

It was a blasty.... and you have no idea how many pictures I have of Tammy doing this same pose in amazing places.


Jenn and Ash were doing the art. We were probably dancing, being loud, slightly obnoxious...and making sure we got every drop of that Sangria in our mouths.


Beautiful ladies.
I didn't trust any of the millions of strangers with my camera. I was worried they might flash and dash.... get it???


After the art festival, we shopped for a bit and dropped into a few boutiquey places. Ashley headed back home to the suburbs... she had run a half marathon that morning...amazing? Yes. Superhuman? I am pretty sure.

Amy, Tammy, Jenn, and I hung out her sweet pad for awhile then we decided to walk to a delicious Italian restaurant for supper. It was amazing.

Here was my lasagna when I was finished... full....stuffed.

We sat out on the patio. And we all had sweatshirts on. Amy, Tammy, and I were barely dressed. The alcohol warmed us up but when the buzz was gone, so was the warmth :) So we borrowed Jennifer's sweat shirts. But how pretty is this outside????

It was a perfect day.

We didn't do anything crazy. We were just us. We laughed hysterically. We ate fattening food. We reminisced. It was perfect.

Jennifer drove us to get Tammy's car from the train station and then Amy and I headed back to the suburbs. I decided to sleep at Amy's house so that I could get up early and safely drive home. I was too nervous to drive home that night. The near miss on the way up along with seeing a fatal wreck and then a drunk guy swerve, hit the concrete barrier, bounce off, stop, then floor it to get away just freaked me out.

Sunday morning I got up bring and early and I was home by 10 am. I was welcomed home by the most perfect faces I have ever seen :)

No comments:

Post a Comment