Wednesday, June 19, 2013

A Busy Wednesday In June

Wednesday, June 19th, was a busy day for us. We woke up at Grandma's house and had to get packed up to get home. That is always such a cluster and there is usually one or two children crying or throwing a fit while I do it. I am sure it is just as stressful for Grandma as it is for me. However, the kids know their routine at Grandma's house so they usually eat their breakfast and feed the kitties while I load the car. I try to drive home around 10 am so that both kids will nap for most if not all of the ride.

As I finished getting the car loaded, Grandma gave Sawyer his bottle so his tummy would be full for the ride.

We headed home. Both kids slept a good amount and both were pretty good. Sawyer had been fussy off and on and had been pulling at his right ear. I figured he was teething and that was why he was messing with his ears. A bunch of people pointed out the ear tugging so I decided to call the doctor's office and chat with them about it. We had a 2 pm appt for him to get his blood drawn for an allergy test that day anyway. The office requested to see him. So, we headed to the doctor's office straight from Grandma's. Mom met us and took Charlotte with her. Sawyer went and saw Dr. O. No ear infection (I should have stuck with my mommy gut feeling and just not called.)

After the ear check, we had to get his blood drawn. The lady that drew his blood was a bit nervous. I could feel it the minute she called our name. I almost asked her if someone else could do it. It was her (who she says has been drawing blood for 10 years) and her friend who was clearly newer at this. They were clueless on the best positioning of him and clueless on how to get him to stay still. So I offered to help (I have done this a time or 50 drawing blood on pediatric patients.) She stuck him in his left AC and was like a maniac just poking, poking, and poking. She was freaking out. He was screaming. I was holding him down bc her friend was not doing anything. Finally I told her to start over. I then asked her to do it in his other arm as the left one had a hematoma forming right away. She said I was doing a good job at holding him. It was then that I told her that I was a nurse and used to draw on preemies, newborns, and peds. She then asked for me to help. She got it the second time. Poor guy. He was hysterical. :( 

But he lived to tell the tale and he was super cute afterwards :)

So we went home and unpacked for a few. Then we headed up to Old Settler's Days in the town square. It's our town carnival that runs Wednesday through Saturday. There is food, vendors, rides, and live entertainment.

We met Mom, Dad, John, and Mary up there for supper.

The blood draw victim was so happy to see his Papa.

Love this one.

Charlotte was a bit unsure of stuff. The rides LOOKED fun but she really didn't want to take part in them.

Dad took Sawyer, and I took Charlotte and we went on the carousel. Sawyer loved it. Charlotte liked it for like 15 seconds. We then took them to the little Amtrak  ride. It was a little choo choo train. It seemed harmless. The SECOND it took off, Charlotte started screaming hysterically. HYSTERICAL. 

After the hysteria of the train, we decided to head home. Charlotte was just too traumatized. It had been a long day :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment