Saturday, June 22, 2013

Lincoln Douglas Race

Saturday morning of Old Settler's Days is always the Lincoln Douglas Run. When I was in high school, as a cheerleader I had to be up at the run cheering on the runners. We had to help direct them where to go, hand out water, etc. So when Mary brought up her and I walking with Dad and Dale Meredith, I was super excited about it. We didn't want to actually run it, we were going to walk it.

Prewalk. Let's do this.

Erin and Dale ready to get their run and walk on.

The starting line...at the MTCO.

It was a beautiful morning for a walk.

Walk it out. Note the ambulance following us. I mean what are they insinuating? And I feel certain that Dale was cussing about them not having water for the walkers.


We could see the runners across the field... and my house is back there. You can't see it... or the roof or anything. But it's there.

Dad loves to walk.

Great friends. Getting healthy. Very proud of them.


Look who was waiting for us at the finish line!!! The prettiest faces we have ever seen!!

Charlotte found food. Shocking right?

The Meredith/Elliot duo. I am so proud of you for running it, Erin :) You are amazing.

We were representing :)

The Mettler trio. They were awesome and all of them ran it as well.

The run was super fun and it felt good to get up and get the day started with a morning walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment