Friday, June 21, 2013

31 Random Facts About Me (A Photo For Each Fact)

In honor of 31 years on this Earth, and 31 years of me being me, I am making a blog post about me... and some things you may or may not know about me. I LOVE pictures (as if you didn't know this already) so I am including a picture with each fact. I will most likely be making fun of myself throughout this post...

Fact #1 - My first car was a 1991 S-10 pick-up truck with an extended bed. My dad referred to it as a "four banger". He though it was amazing. It was his baby. You should see his baby now. Not even comparable. The windows would manually roll down and if I ever locked my keys in the truck, I could always break in through the back sliding window. Please take not of my cool socks and braces. You want to be me in this photo.

Fact #2 - My sisters and I decided to all get piercings at the same time. Anne and I each got our tragus (sp?) pierced and Mary (who already had that pierced) got another one in her ear. It hurt. I took mine out a few months later when it developed a bump that I was certain was MRSA.

Fact #3 - My grandma knows the way to my heart. Apple pie. There is nothing like warm apple pie with vanilla ice cream on top. That, to me, is a little slice of heaven. This one was for my 26th birthday.

Fact #4 - When I lived alone and only had my beautiful Seabring in the great state of SC, this was how I had to take my Christmas trees home. I have had a live Christmas tree in my home every year since 2003. I can not have a fake one and even when I lived a lone, I went all out.

Fact #5 - I have been on one cruise in my life. On that cruise, I was picked to be in a karaoke contest. There were two parts to the contest. The first part was singing a song chosen by the cruise people. I was instructed to sing Fergie's "London Bridge". I had my own spin to it. We were given a chest full of props. The yellow arrow is pointing to me. (I was up against a man and a girl who was there with a family reunion.) I made it to the finals with the girl. She could bootie shake. I couldn't. Instead, I did the sprinkler, lawnmower, etc.

I ended up winning. I was recognized the entire cruise :)

Fact #6 - I have ridden a jet ski in the waters of the Caribbean. It was amazing. So blue. So perfect. 


Fact #7 - I had an obsession with candy cigarettes for awhile. I literally had them with me all of the time. So strange. Kind of creepy.

Fact #8 - One of my best friends in this entire world, a person that I consider family is the very person I met when I interviewed in SC. Alysia was my nurse recruiter. She interviewed me and led me through the interview process. I asked her if I moved there, would it be easy for me to make friends. Her response was, "I will be your friend." We are still the best of friends. We are more like sisters (and I consider her family my family.) She is amazing. Here is our first photo together.

Fact #9 - I prefer to dress up as a boy for Halloween. Dressing up in risque' female clothing for Halloween does not appeal to me at all. This outfit is more my cup of tea.

Fact #10 - I love to dress up in themes and costumes as my outfits. I wore this outfit to a baseball game once.

 Fact #11 - I have been fortunate enough that I haven't lost a bunch of people in my life. Yes, I have cut people out, but I haven't had many people that were close to me die. One person that I was close to at one point and for an extended period of time was Tyler. Tyler is a real American hero. Tyler is one of the funniest people I have ever met in my entire life. He is funny, brave, happy, and loyal. I miss him. Before he died, I hadn't talked to him in a few years. Life kind of took over and we both got busy living. I miss him. I really do. Tyler brightened a room when he was around. He always did. 

Fact #12 - If you dare me to do something especially something that will make me look stupid but cause the room to erupt in laughter, I WILL do it. I love a good laugh...even if it is at my expense.

Fact #13 - When I worked at Trident Medical Center, they had an employee appreciation dinner for the people that had worked there for 5/10/15/20/25/30 years (and up). It was called the Service Awards Banquet. By the time I reached my five year banquet I was married to Alex. However, I had already been to three other banquets before then.... with Mr. Paul, Callie, and Nicole. The higher ups just figured I was a permanent fixture at those things.

Fact # 14 - This picture was taken the night I met Alex. He saw me dancing with this guy. This guy was a cop. He had handcuffs that he actually put on me at one point. I didn't know who he was. Why would I have? But after I got done dancing with this dude, I saw Alex laughing at me from the sidelines. Notice in the background that NO ONE else is dancing. Just me and the cop dude.

Fact #15 - I look stupid when I run. I try to run these days. BUT it's just not a good look on me.

Fact # 16 - New Years Eve 2008, I went to my friends Tammy and Chris's house for their NYE party. We all drank, had a lovely time, and I spent the night there. I slept in their extra bedroom in a chair (I probably passed out.) Apparently, in the middle of the night, I decided to go get into bed with Chris and Tammy (they are married at this point.). When I started getting into the bed....on Chris's side... he was clearly creeped out. Tammy said to him, "Chris, just let her in." When I woke up, Chris was on the couch and I had no idea what had happened.

Fact #17 - When Alex was in Iraq, I carried a spoon around with his picture on it. I lost the spoon in downtown Charleston one night so I made Alex on stick and used a ruler. I took it everywhere....and even dressed it up sometimes. Here he is at a barbecue with me... with a poncho on.

Fact #18 - Most brides get one bachlorette party and multiple showers. I got two showers and 3 bachelorette parties. My friends cared more about the drinking than the pretty parties with the presents.

Fact #19 - Our first child (not first born) was Maximillion Pujols Jackson. He was the other love of my life. Here he is on the day I brought him home. We found him on Craigslist and picked him from a lady in a parking lot of a daycare. Kind of creepy but one of the best things we ever did.


Fact #20 - I found out that I was allergic to my contacts and/or the solution I used. Here is the day I discovered something was very wrong. This is the morning after the Marine Corps Ball. I slept in my contacts. I couldn't open my eyes. I had to keep them closed for 24 hours. It was so incredibly painful. Who knew you could be allergic to either thing??? 

Fact #21 - I am still proud of the fact that my friends and I made up our own sorority in college. I still laugh when I think of the things we said and did. And I laugh at the fact that we still refer to ourselves as the GDI's. Alex will be a PIKE for life, I will be a GDI for life. Same thing.

Fact #22 - I try to make friends everywhere I go. I found this little gremlin on the beach. He was making some sort of ditch so I helped him. He didn't thank me. I think I creeped him out a little, actually. I even brought a shovel to help him.

Fact #23 - I love piano bars. We went to Howl At The Moon for my going away celebration when I moved to Charleston. The piano men played "You've Lost That Loving Feeling" and a bunch of the guys in the audience came up and joined them. I was popular in that moment. And even found out later that the people sitting in front of me could see all of the way up my skirt. Perfect.

Fact # 24 - The first ornament that used to go up on my Christmas tree was my Albert Pujols ornament. Sometimes I would have a private ceremony when I would do it. Sometimes I would take pictures with it before hand. Now that he is a traitor and now that he no longer sports the birds, he can kiss my butt. I am pretty sure that I broke the arm of it last year anyways. On purpose. I am so salty of his greedy ways.

Fact #25 - My mom actually paid for me to get this mullet. Six years old and I had people questioning what sex I was.

Fact #26 - I am so proud and honored to say I have been the Maid or Matron of Honor in four weddings :) I love being a part of weddings. All four of these were completely different, so much fun, and the brides were stunning.

Diane and Josh's wedding in March 2009

Nicole and Josh's wedding in April 2011

Anne and Jeremy's Wedding in July 2011

And Mary and Chad's wedding in March 2013

Fact #27 - Jodi and I got the Best Friends' Award our senior year of high school. We had a point where we had gone our separate ways in and after college, but now we are back to being us again....this time with husbands, babies, her job, responsibilities, and better cars. It's the type of friendship where we picked up right where we left off.

Fact #28 - I love to dance anywhere at anytime. I love it more when my friends dance with me. And I love how creepy my friend Tammy looks in this picture.

Fact #29 - One of the best dates I have ever had in my life is Mr. Paul. Before I got married and started having kids, he and I were each other's other half. We attended parties, banquets, holidays, and obviously work together. I drove him to and from work on the day we worked together and sometimes even drove him on the days I didn't work. He has a big part of my heart and I miss him dearly. He has a great outlook on life, he is one of the funniest people I have ever had the chance to know, and he has a heart bigger than anyone I know.

Fact # 30 - I have not only been the Maid of Honor in four weddings, I have been a bridesmaid in so many other weddings. I have been honored to stand up with my friends and family on one of the most important days of their lives. Here are some of the weddings I have been a part of...

Eric's Wedding in 2003

Tracey and Mark's wedding in 2005


Erica and Mike's wedding in 2007

Tammy and Chris's Wedding in 2008

Amy and Brad's wedding in 2010

Jennifer and David's wedding in 2010

Brianne and Nick's wedding in 2012

Adam and Adrienne's wedding in 2013

....thank you for including me in your special days. I love you all and I am so honored you weren't too embarrassed to have me stand up with you :) 


And the MOST IMPORTANT fact of all....



Fact #31 - 





I met Nick Carter from the Backstreet Boys back in 2003.


Jealous????


I am certain you are.



There you go. A really long blog about me.... including some amazing shots that you all would love to frame.

Thirty one isn't so bad, right????

1 comment:

  1. Hello,everyone my name is mlmvc from USA i never ever believed in spell until i meet a man called Dr upesa, who help me cast a spell that bring back my ex-lover who left me for one years before our marriage,His spells works beyond my imaginations and today i am happily married two kids and me and my [ex-lover] now husband are very happy more than ever before,what more can i say rather than to say thank you Dr upesa for been there for me,contact him today and your life will never ever remain the same his email is upesalovetemple@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete