Friday, June 21, 2013

Life Is Fun at Thirty One

This was how I spent my last night as a thirty year old...snuggling the most handsome boy in the world...

...and this is who I woke up to the day I turned thirty-one.
Not a bad deal, huh?

Happy Birthday Momma!!!
(I have horns and a pretty outfit on. She has donut in her mouth and a rat's nest for hair. We are quite the duo.)

And this, ladies and gentlemen, this is my husband the morning of my birthday.
He dressed himself.

So my amazing husband  set up a day for me on my birthday. He arranged for my mom to take care of the kids for me. Then he set up a pedicure, a hair cut and a hair color for me at Salon Seven in Metamora. Kayla, my fabulous stylist, did a great job. I haven't had my hair died since I did it myself in college (it was not a good look.) I was so excited. We also decided it would be beneficial to take some length off as well. This was the final product.

Mary and Kari came up and joined us for my birthday time at the salon. We dressed alike without even meaning to.

My first present of the day was this. Thank you, Kari. You are amazing.

After salon time, we headed to mom's house. A big storm came through very quick. We wanted to go swimming or tan outside BUT the weather changed. So instead, we packed up my little friend here and we went to Kohl's for a bit.

But before we could go to Kohl's, Charlotte needed to play me a little birthday tune on the piano. Mom kept Sawyer with her because he was due to take a nap. So he slept for awhile and we shopped.

The kids and I headed home and hung out the rest of the day. I fed them, bathed them, and put them to bed. Alex got off of work late so I just had him bring some take out home (even though he kept saying that he wanted to take me out somewhere. I was so tired I just wanted to stay home.)

He brought home Chili's..yummmmm....  and we sat on the back porch and ate it under the stars....awwwwww

At 9:30, we heard a knock at our door and it was Mary and Chad. They rode their new bikes over to our house from their house. 

So Alex decided to do some show n tell.

Then he took me for a quick spin.

We never take pictures together.

So, I thought I would put multiple. Alex looks REALLY excited in this picture.

So we took some rides around the country. Then we sat around outside with our neighbors and Mary and Chad and enjoyed some drinks and what not.

Around midnight, Mary and Chad decided to head back to their house on the other side of town.

Lookin' good, Kamms!!!


You know, I don't feel 31. When I go out drinking and dancing, I feel 23. When I go to bed at night after a busy day with the kids, I feel 45. But I am so thankful for another year of this crazy life. I love my life. Thank you to my husband for such an amazing birthday. He is always willing to give give give for me. Alex, you are so thoughtful. Thank you for always making me feel special. Thank you to Mary and Mom for your help and for being with me on my birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment