Monday, December 17, 2012

Let Him Eat!!

On December 11, 2012, Sawyer started eating food!!!  We started first with some rice cereal. Right now Sawyer's formula is so thick that we have make the holes in the nipples larger. It's not as thick as a milk shake but it's nice and thick (in hopes that he will keep more of the formula down.) So, I figured he would do well with the rice on the spoon. However, it took him a few tries to get the rice down. He would gag and carry on. So then I would add more formula. Gag and gag and eyes water. Add more formula.

Finally we got a good consistency. He did OK but not amazing on his first day.


He thought I was funny as I tried to get him to eat. I mean, he is right. I am funny.

Delicious rice cereal.

All of it came back out at me :)

So now starts the process of making the baby food :)  I make most of the baby food but I do buy the food in the squeeze bag for when we are travelling. It makes life SO MUCH EASIER. The first official food we are trying is PEAS. SWEET PEAS.

Don't let this face fool you. He HATED IT.

He kept his mouth closed as much as possible.

She hated it too. She spit it back out.

She thought she was cool getting to mess with what he wouldn't eat though...



On December 17, we FINALLY got a good feeding. Finally. He loved it. He ate it right up with minimal gagging. (I worry about his gagging and carrying on bc Charlotte has a very sensitive gag reflux... she will even through up because of it.)



Charlotte was there to help with the entire feeding...as usual. 

She wanted her picture taken. Pretty right?

I can't believe that I have two babies that eat...and eat well!! This is only the beginning of the craziness. I thought it would be a long time before I started making baby food again but here we are :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment