Friday, April 27, 2012

ISU Relay For Life

I love Relay For Life. I love Illinois State University. I love Nursing.

It was a  no brainer when Mary asked if Charlotte and I would go to the Relay for Life with her. Mary is the Secretary for the Student Nurses' Association. The SNA had a booth selling baked goods at Relay For Life. If I'm not mistaken, it was my class in 2004 when I was President that helped SNA get involved in Relay For Life. (We also started the bar crawl tradition...my idea... thank you very much.) I LOVE the Relay for Life though. When my Grandpa Wayne was diagnosed with lung cancer in 2000, our family started selling Kettle Corn for the Relay For Life in Greene County and they did that for a few years. At the Relay for Life my senior year of college, we stayed up allll night on the Quad and participated in the hourly costume changes, etc that went on all night long. It was such a blasty!

I wanted Charlotte to experience her first Relay for Life... however, we were disappointed that it was changed from outside to inside bc of the cold, rainy weather. But it was still good! There was a good showing. We were there for opening ceremonies. I bawled my eyes out during the Survivor Lap. I told myself I wouldn't cry. I mean, I seriously only knew like 3 people there and none of them were survivors. But I took one look at a young guy that I could tell had recently gone through chemo and I lost it. Crying. Sobbing. I am pathetic. It's so emotional.  We were so happy to be there though. We were happy to remember Grandpa Wayne and happy to fight with Grandma Millie.

My sweet girl... all decked out in her wind suit her daddy got her.

How cute is this girl??

Check out my double chin. Niiiice.

Aunt Bare and Charlotte. Charlotte was pointing to a balloon.

We hung out up top so Charlotte could watch everyone. Man, this kid is busy.

Creeping on everyone down below :)

After an hour or so, we loaded up and stopped by the Normal Target to get Charlotte a movie for the car and we headed down to Grandma Ann's house. We wanted to drive starting at 8 pm so Charlotte could sleep on the way and be somewhat quiet :) She finally fell asleep after about 30 minutes. Such a good baby girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment