Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Forward Facing... FINALLY!!

It was finally time to say "bye bye" to the Chico backward facing carseat and hello to the new Britaxx BIG GIRL carseat. When Charlotte was at the Dr's office for her sick visit on Wednesday April 11, they weighed her. Naturally they weighed her fully clothes, with her heavy nerd shoes on, and a heavy full diaper. HOWEVER, she weighed 20.5 lbs SO I decided to face her forward in her carseat. I mean, the doctor's office says she's 20 lbs so she's 20 lbs.

I know that I've been wishing for the day that she is 20 lbs so that I can turn her around. But when it came to actually removing that carseat, it was all I could do NOT to cry :( I mean, my baby is growing up!! Forward facing carseat now, getting her driver's license next. It's just so sad. So in true Sarah style, I had to take pictures of the event...

Bye, bye Chico...see you in a few months!!

The amount of goldfish and Cheerios I found in the base of the carseat and on the little mat that protects the seat was unbelievable. Check out my little Dr. Suess child... she has on a onesie that says she's a nurse and the pants are from her Christmas jammies. And to think we actually went over and visited the neighbors looking this good.

Hello expensive Britaxx carseat. You look MIGHTY intimidating.

She even got to switch side of the car... this way I can see her better and hand her things when she's throwing a fit bc she is bored or just doesn't want to be in the car (those usually start after 2 minutes of riding).

So the new carseat is installed and ready for use. Just in time for a loooooong drive.... The "baby seat" is now in our storage room waiting to be moved to Georgia (tear :( )



And as a side note. We now have 2 alligators drifting around in the neighborhood ponds. The pond across the street has been housing a shorter gator with much darker skin. That one has been there for about 3 months or so...and he/she is out on the bank "sunning" ever sunny day we have.

So Charlotte and I went for a walk after putting the carseat in the Tahoe AKA Georgia. This is what we found on the opposite bank. This pond is the one behind my house but he was on the bank on the opposite side. This one was a LONG one... probably about  6 feet long.

Once I started taking pictures he got a bit bashful and climbed back into the water.

What a creep.


Thanks for the pics though!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment