Thursday, April 5, 2012

Momma's Night Out...

One thing that I occasionally miss about life before babies is not having to worry about what to do with a child while I got out to eat for a grown up dinner. However, I DO love having fabulous friends that would love nothing more than to hang out with my child for the night. 

So, Alysia and Lee came over and babysat Charlotte for me on a Thursday night while I went to a long overdue dinner with some friends. They came over at 6 pm and I gave Alysia as many instructions as I could think of. I always get nervous leaving Charlotte with people at night bc I worry she won't go to bed very easy for them. As it turns out, Charlotte did amazing... Max, however, did not. While Alysia and Lee were taking Charlotte for a walk, Max got the door to the garage open and got out. They found out that Max was outside bc Charlotte was standing at the front door about 30 minutes later talking to him through the door. As a storm was rolling in, Lee was chasing the cat all through the yard while Charlotte was crying. Eventually Max came back in through the screened in porch door which they had propped open. The storm scared him. Then, they realized the tv wasn't working... there was sound but no picture. Oh, and Alysia thought there was a bum, alien, or ghost living in our attic. :) It was an exciting 4 hours in the Jackson household but they did amazing. Charlotte (and Max) had a blasty.

I went to Fonduely Yours and tried fondue for the first time. It was amazingly delicious but extremely interesting. I had pictured myself fonduing before and the picture in my head wasn't the same as what I looked like actually doing it. I had no idea that you actually COOK the food. I was nervous when raw meat was placed in front of me!!! However, it was really cool and really fun! :) And did I mention delicious??? :) It was so great to be back together with some of my Trident ladies. I miss them all so very much. Since I haven't worked with them since December of 2011, it was so great to catch up over a long dinner. Everyone looked beautiful and we had a fabulous time. Thanks for coming, friends... sorry I was late... stupid traffic. 

Here is a picture from our night... Check out my sweet figure and the "pit stain" from my deodarant. Perfection. Regardless of how terrible this pic is, this was a perfect night.

No comments:

Post a Comment