Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter! We had multiple things that we could have done this Easter but all involved traveling. After the busy week that we had that included us getting back from spending 3 days in Georgia with Alex and going to Surfside Beach earlier in the week, it was necessary for us to stay home and rest... and was part of the doctor's orders.

Since the Easter Bunny had come to Georgia to visit us, he didn't come and bring presents on actual Easter Sunday. He did, however, leave a few eggs in the backyard for pretty pretty princess to find after lunch.

We started out our morning with Eggo waffles (we eat these almost every morning), Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, and playing. Then, as Charlotte took her morning nap, I got ready for church. After her nap, I put her in her beautiful Easter dress and shoes that Papa and Gigi got her. Then we were off to church!!!

As I handed her off to the sweet nursery lady at church, she started screaming and clinging to me. Charlotte LOVES little kids and new toys so I really figured she'd be ok. I went into the service. The music was starting but I decided to stand in the back against the wall bc I had a feeling I wouldn't be there for the entire service. After 2-3 minutes, I went and checked on her...still crying, a pitiful cry... I offered to take her but they told me she'd be fine. So with tears rolling down my cheeks, I went back into the service. The opening music was still playing. After another few minutes, I see the first "come get your child" number flash up on the screen. "141". Yep, that's me. I go out in the hall and start walking toward the nursery. My kid is no longer in the nursery room anymore. She is now in the hallway with a different woman, still crying. I take her and apologize profusely. The opening music had JUST ended. Great. Kicked out before the opening music is even done. So we went into the Mother's Room which is for breastfeeding mothers. It's usually empty so when we get kicked out (this is a regular occurrence) we go there to listen to the message. We lasted through the entire message but left during communion and the reflection time. Happy Easter to us, right???

So I took pictures of  the Easter Princess when we got home.

How cute is this dress????

Much happier now that she has her mom and a yard to play in.

So that we at least had some "family" around for Easter, Alysia and Lee came over. They brought most of the Easter lunch with them.... along with an Easter present for Charlotte.


After a DELICIOUS meal and lots of playing, Charlotte went down for a nap while we cleaned up dishes and Lee fixed my laptop. (It runs like a gem now) Once she woke up from a decent afternoon nap, we enjoyed warm apple pie and ice cream.

Then it was time to search for Easter eggs.

As soon as she saw them in the grass, she knew what to do... she also knew there would be something inside of them. 

She loves her some mini oreos. Just shovel it in, girl.

So dainty :)

Here she is telling Lee all about the oreos and the eggs the Easter Bunny left her.

And she kept going over and sitting next to Alysia.

It was as fabulous as an Easter can be without having the rest of our family with us. We were SO THANKFUL for Alysia and Lee coming over to spend the holiday with us. Thank you, friends, for the flowers, the Easter gift for Goose, the food, for helping clean things up, for keeping me company, and making this the easiest holiday I've ever "hosted" at my house. We love you to the moon :)

Hope your Easter was sensational :)

No comments:

Post a Comment