Sunday, April 8, 2012

14 Months Old


Date: April 8, 2012 (Easter Sunday)

Weight: Probably around 20 lbs

Height: She looks like she is starting to go through a growth spurt :) Her little legs are looking longer everyday!

Teeth: Well, she has four good teeth in and she has two that are pretty much broken through on either side of her two top front teeth. Naturally they started breaking through right after we saw Alex in Georgia. We got home and a few days later I noticed that they were both right under the gum line. So, we have SIX teeth now. Yes. Six. And the mood to go with it :)

Clothes: Well, I am trying to transition Charlotte out of her 6 month clothes but she has SO MANY cute 6-9 month dresses that I just keep putting her in them. The only part to them that doesn't fit the best is that some of them are a bit short but they fit otherwise... so she just continues to wear them. And they look SO ADORABLE on her!! Also, she is wearing size 3 shoes and sometimes I will put her in size 4 shoes...with some really thick socks. And one of my favorite things I've bought her in the last few months are these little frilly socks from Kohls. LOVE THEM!! I love little girls in frilly socks. I'd put her in them everyday if she had enough pairs.


Naps: I love that my crazy little one still needs two naps per day. I really feel that if she would sleep in later (like sleep until 8:30 and not 6:30) then she wouldn't need a nap within 2-3 hours of waking up. This nap ranges anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours...usually closer to an hour max though. She then takes another nap sometime between 2 and 3. I've noticed that when she takes later naps in the day and sleeps until 5 or 6, it really affects what time she goes to bed at night. On those nights if we are at home, she will cry ALOT longer then normal and if we are somewhere else and rocking her to sleep, she takes forever to go to sleep. But her afternoon nap is usually longer. It usually lasts about an hour and a half...sometimes up to two and a half hours. These naps are really falling into place :)

Sleeping: As long as my sweet little princess isn't sick or teething, she sleeps very well through the night. If she's teething or sick, she will wake up or sleep extremely restlessly. On those nights, we have mommy/baby snuggle time. I just feel bad for her when she doesn't feel well and I can't let her cry it out. But as far as going down to sleep at night, she gets better and better. It's all about her being ready to go to bed and not just forcing her at 8:00 pm and 2 seconds to go to bed every night at this time. She goes to bed anywhere from 7:15 to 8:15 pm every night. But she chooses. It's so sweet when she is just over being awake. She walks over and whines for me to pick her up and then she nuzzles into my neck and that's all she wrote :) Such a sweet little baby...

Health: This has been a very healthy month for my sweet baby! Besides some runny noses that come along with teething, she has been the picture of perfect health. Naturally she has had her fair share of bruises, goose eggs on her head, and skinned knees. But that's what comes along with being an active little girl.


Food:  Welp, my little Chubby Checkers still loves her food. She still LOVES her little bowl of cereal every morning with juice while she wakes up and gets ready for the day. She has breakfast an hour or so later and then she must ALWAYS have part of my breakfast. We usually share cereal and/or an eggo waffle. This child LOVES her some Eggo waffles. I've never seen a child get so excited about her "waa-waa".  She has her little snack of whatever we can scrounge up and then for lunch, she usually eats anything under the sun. She has a snack afternoon nap and then dinner. She's not big on dinner. I think it's because she usually has snacked all day long and she just isn't all that hungry for dinner. Her favorite thing to drink is juice (we do Fruitables bc she hates veggies right now) and the one thing she will NOT drink is milk. I've tried it plain, after cereal (when it's a bit sugary), with chocolate, with strawberry syrup, etc. Not a fan. She loves loves loves bagels, any bread, mac N cheese, CHEESE, strawberries, grapes (without the skin...she hates it all of a sudden), turkey, hot dogs, and so many other things. And she continues to go without a bottle!!! So proud of my big girl!

On the Move: Little girl is just all over the place. She is up and down the stairs. She is in and outside. She's into everything. She has had many skinned knees and bruises like I've said before. Nothing is safe now. Poor poor Max can't find a safe place away from her. He doesn't know what to do with himself.


Playtime: Charlotte's newest little project is vacuuming. (sp?) Gavin was over playing with her at the end of March and he realized that I was vacuuming so he decided to use my little vacuum (just that little Dirt Devil thing). He did a GREAT job and so Charlotte decided to take up doing the same thing. The Easter Bunny got her her own vacuum from Gigi and Papa. She will get that later on when they see her. She loves to pretend like she is cooking and she's really starting to imitate me and the stuff I do. She is obsessed with shoes and pointing them out wherever we are...whether they are on people or if they are sitting on the floor. She loves shoes. One of her favorite things to do is to look through magazine and books and search for "dog-dogs". When she finds them, she will bring them to me and show them to me. She is also discovering writing on things. I took the ink out of a pen and let her use that to pretend write in a notebook I bought her with princesses on it. I love her little imagination that is forming. She loves to watch all of the people walking their dogs from the front door. She loves the park and seeing other kids. She loves riding her tricycle and just running around in the yard. She just might be one of those tree people that lives in the woods in a tent someday... she never wants to come inside.

Friends and Events: From March 8 to April 8, Charlotte had 2 long term visitors! She loved her time with Aunt Kathy and Gigi. She got to see Aunt Amelia for breakfast one morning and she got to see her daddy TWO TIMES!!! She also got see her Grandma and Grandpa Jackson and her Great Grandma Mimi for a day. She really started loving ice cream in this time. She went to the beach twice and saw lots of "wah-wah". She got to see Gavin and Parker MULTIPLE times and she got to play with Aunt Lee and Lee multiple times. It was a busy month that also included Nicole babysitting her TWO TIMES. (which she LOVED). 


The months seem to be going faster and faster. Somedays I wish we could just slow it all down a bit... :( 

Until next month...

No comments:

Post a Comment