Saturday, April 7, 2012

Charlestowne Landing

I've lived in Charleston for almost 7 years and I have never been to Charlestowne Landing. I actually had no idea what it was so when Niki called and asked if Charlotte and I wanted to join her family for the day there, we couldn't pass up the opportunity. It was a beautiful day in Charleston... somewhat cool but it ended up being perfect. It was in the high 60's. Charlestowne Landing ended up being a historic site that gives you an idea of how things were "way back when". (I am TOTALLY not into history. I think it's cool BUT it's not something I can pay a ton of attention to.) We mainly went for the sites and to the see the animals that they have in their forest thing.

They had a ship replica in the tidal creek. Charlotte loved it!!!

Niki is super mom. I mean, she really really is. 

The Midgetts. Love this family.

BFFs playing on the ship. They just love each other so much.

It was a pretty long walk to the ship so we hitched a ride back on the tram thingy. Naturally I had brought everything INCLUDING the kitchen sink so it took us like 5 minutes to get loaded, then we rode to the beginning where we started, as we are getting off, I dump an ENTIRE 32 oz cup of water and ice. GEEZ. 

I think Gavin's favorite part of the day was riding the tram.

Charlotte loved it too.

Off to see the animals!!!!!!!!

We only saw maybe 1/4 of the animals. Everyone was sleeping... much like Charlotte and Gavin should have been. So instead of pictures of animals, pictures of people!!!

Charlotte loves them all.

Finally a really good family picture!!

They both love to be carried. Ty was such a trooper. He always had one of these two in his arms.

We really had a perfect day. Despite us being there during Gavin's naptime and the start of Charlotte's naptime, both kiddos were perfect. They love the outside, the animals, the freedom, and loved Ty carrying them. Thank you, friends, for always being worried about us and caring about us. Thank you for including us in your family! It really was a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment