Sunday, June 17, 2012

Mom's Big Day

Mom has been involved in her Junior Women's Club since the early 90's. She has gone from starting as a club member to moving all of the way up to taking an International Position in the General Federation of Women's Clubs. She was elected for the 2012-2014 term. The installation took place on June 17 in Charlotte at the Westin. We had our core 6 family members present as well as Uncle Rusty (mom's brother) and Aunt Sonya and then Aunt Bev (mom's sister), Uncle T, and cousin Xander Kraig....and my sweet offspring Charlotte Marie. We were def representing!!!

Here is our crew all cleaned up and ready to go!

My Family

Charlotte had plenty of attention at dinner. She sat between mom and Xander and then was passed from person to person...and eventually she made it out into the hallway in her stroller for the rest of the night.

Our dinner. I don't eat vegetables when I am pregnant so I gave part of mine away. I love a good medium-rare steak (which mine so happened to be by the luck of the draw) HOWEVER, I had to switch it for a leathery one. Thanks to Uncle Rusty who took my still mooing steak and got his chewy one. It tasted good for being well-done but I would have LOVED that medium-rare steak.

Mary loves coffee. She's like her mom.

Mom and Dad...enjoying the harpist chick in the background.

Uncle Rusty and Aunt Sonya came from the Atlantic Ocean to celebrate.

The Weber Girls and the offspring

Mom's Installation. I had a bit of a tired child on my hands so I started the ceremony out upstairs getting crazy girl to sleep (She only took 40 minutes worth of a nap alllll day. By 8 pm, she was fading fast.) So I got her to sleep and went back down. Luckily Anne and Mary took my camera and  and took pictures...although the camera was acting up so there weren't many pictures.

Mom's big moment. We were so proud of her. She has worked her way up from the bottom to get to this point. After her big moment, I took Charlotte to the back of the room so the clapping wouldn't wake her up.

At the very end when everyone started clapping and all of the women being honored were processing out, Charlotte woke up so we got to enjoy part of the reception instead of having to go upstairs and go straight to bed.

The most priceless moment of the reception was when we were all saying, "Where's Xander?" We all look around wondering where he escaped to. We finally found him... in between three middle aged women... carrying on a "grown up" conversation.

We all started laughing uncontrollably when we found him. We couldn't stop laughing. Well, Mary was holding Charlotte and Charlotte thought everyone, especially Mary, was laughing at her. Charlotte was laughing so hard! I LOVE THIS PICTURE!!!! Charlotte looks so old!!

So funny, Charlotte just kept laughing.

Aunt Sonya, Mom, Uncle Rusty, and Dad. My camera was tilted for whatever reason. Dad doesn't normally look only 4 feet tall. It's just how I have th ecamera angled.

Uncle T, Aunt Bev, Mom, and Xander

After pictures, the reception, and some delicious cheesecake, my sweet girl reached meltdown central... it was time to say goodbye  and go to sleep.

So we all retired and caught some "Z's"... well, we wanted to. When we got upstairs to go to bed, Charlotte was SO excited that Aunt Bare, Aunt Meem, and Momma were all sharing a bed so she went NUTS! It was so funny!!! I need to try to upload the video I took on here. She gets so wild with her aunts, especially Aunt Bare. Charlotte finally went to sleep and ended up sleeping in bed with us. Three grown women (one being pregnant) and a toddler in one king sized bed. Talk about comfortable :)

No comments:

Post a Comment