Friday, June 8, 2012

Georgia Aquarium Day

On Friday June 8, 2012 (which was also my sister, Mary's 22nd birthday and Charlotte turned 16 months) we went with Kate and Ella to the Georgia Aquarium. I have never been and Charlotte has never been to an aquarium. She's only been to the small zoo in Greenville so I knew she would love it.

So we woke up in our hotel room. I needed to shower and Charlotte didn't want me out of her site so she had to come into the bathroom with me. Perfect. While I showered, she insisted upon keeping the shower curtain open. The amount of pressure that came out of that shower head was out of this world. It was PAINFUL. And then the water would bounce off of my body and out of the shower onto the floor of the bathroom. When I say there was a half of an inch of water on the floor of the bathroom, I am NOT exaggerating. I hate hate HATE hotel bathrooms and I refuse to let my child take a bath in them however, Charlotte was SOAKED from head to toe so she ended up getting a soapless shower :) Note the picture below of her after her soapless shower.

When I explained to Kate about the shower pressure situation, she felt the need to go ahead and use the shower cap so she wouldn't have to redo her hair. It's a good look. Don't you think???

After showering and grabbing a quick bagel breakfast for this preggo mama, we headed over to the aquarium. Here is Charlotte's first view of the fish. 

She got to see the scuba man inside of the tank and even though there was a large group of dirty fifth graders next to us, the sweet scuba guy gave Charlotte all of the attention :)

Ella was completely intrigued by the fish. How cute is this face???

"Ish, ish, ish!!!" (Fish, fish, fish)

She kept trying to reach out and touch the fish. She was SO GOOD in her stroller (she normally hates her stroller.)

Two lonely strollers hanging out with Baby Beluga (luckily by this point the fifth graders had all gone to the dolphin show so we had a bit of space away from them.)

Penguins mate for life. Love those penguins.

Charlotte and Aunt Kate got to go through the tunnel and see the penguins from the other side. Charlotte didn't quite know what to think of it...esp since she could see me though the glass. 

Ella loved watching the penguins.

Here she is finally getting it and waving to the penguins :)

The cool wall of colorful fish! Love this picture of these 2 sweet babies.



We ate a delicious cafeteria style lunch. I had a rubbery hot dog and Kate had a rubbery hamburger. While we were people watching, baby #1 got a bit tired and sacked out...

...and so did baby #2. I guess that's what happens when we skip morning nap.

The Hicks girls!

The Jackson girls!

Georgia Aquarium, you were fabulous! We WILL be back! And thank you for doing a military discount!

This was a little dancing turtle at the bottom of the stairs. It was super cute. Grandma Jackson likes turtles so we took a picture of it!

Part of downtown Atlanta.

It was a full morning and beginning of the afternoon at the Georgia Aquarium. We walked over to the World of Coke and went into their gift shop to get a little something. It was very very HOT so after that, we walked to our car and headed back to the hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment