Sunday, March 10, 2013

A Perfectly Busy Sunday

We spent the first week at our house trying to make heads or tails out of everything. We were in fabulous shape after the first weekend, don't get me wrong, however, there are always piles of things that you just do no know where to put. You know, every time I have a place or a system for everything, we decide to move. 

By the time Sunday rolled around, we were ready to have some friend and family time. Jodi, my best friend from high school, and her family came over for a brunch that Sunday morning. She made it so easy for us. She brought two breakfast casseroles so I wouldn't have to cook cook and Alex and I provided the drinks and other food. We had cinnamon streusel (sp?) cake, fruit, tator tots, mimosas, bloody mary's, and a few other random things. It was delicious and I was ridiculously full. 

After we ate, the two older girls played. Alex likes to join in in the dressing up so he helped them get all done up :)  I love that they play so well together. Charlotte is just barely two and Ella is 3 and a half. That is a pretty decent age difference but they do play well together.


I love how sheepish Ella looks in this one :)

 Charlotte looks like a crazy lady. I love it :)

"Momma, we are so funny!"

While the girls were downstairs in the basement playing, Sawyer and Emily took naps in their momma's arms.

They really didn't even get the chance to flirt until right before they were leaving.

I mean, I just want to eat his precious little face up!!

Jodi and family left around 2 pm. At around 3:30 pm, Mary, Dad, and John started filtering in. We were cooking out for dinner with all of them over. We LOVE having this option!!

Charlotte was helping Aunt Bare make the cookies for dessert.

Sawyer was too busy to help. He was catching up on his shows! :)

We had a delicious dinner of steaks and couscous and grilled onion and grilled tomatoes and rice and bread and vegetables. It was FABULOUS. After we ate, we all just hung out. Charlotte and Mary played. They have so much fun together. Charlotte LOVES her time with her Aunt Bare.



Charlotte was really telling her something.

We are adjusting to life in a new state, a new house, a new town (for Alex and the kids), a new attitude... We are loving life here so far. It really is awesome having family within 10 minutes. What a perfect Sunday for us!!!

Oh, and check out Charlotte's shirt. It's a cat wearing glasses that is driving a car loaded down with luggage. It cracks me up everytime I look at it!

No comments:

Post a Comment