Sunday, March 17, 2013

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

You know, I remember back in college and in my post college days celebrating every drinking holiday there ever was. I mean, Cinco De Mayo was HUGE in college. We would venture to the celebration in the parking lot of Carlos O'Kelley's in Bloomington. St. Patrick's Day was the same way. I remember my senior year, the only green I wore was a green Shamrock on my face. At some point I stole someone's hat and beads so I appeared a bit more festive. Oh, and the pink shirt was worn bc I had just gotten back from Spring Break in Fort Lauderdale and I wanted to show off my tan.




Now those holidays can somehow fly by and I just do not notice. However, on St. Patrick's Day, we decided at the last minute to head down to the local Pub/Eatery and grab some grub with my parents and their crew. We all got a bit decked out (I threw on a green garbage bag).

Charlotte has been waiting 2 years to wear this shirt. We got it before she was born. It's a 12 month shirt and it finally fits her :)

Here is our crazy guy. We were meeting at like 6:30 and his bedtime is around 7:30 or 8. Clearly he was a bit drained from our exhausting Sunday spent at home.

So Dale has his sparkling four leaf clover earring in (it lights up.) Diana HATES it. Hates it so much. He brought it in his pocket. He slipped into the bathroom to add it to his festive attire. When he came out he went in for some snuggles so she would see it.

Going in for the kill and she sees...

...and she grabs it right out of his ear and smashes it. The earring has seen it's last celebration :)

Our little leprechauns.

"Hey Mom. Just eating my food."

Charlotte KNOWS that Kouri's has free popcorn. She dominates it like nobodies business. She def has some Weber in her.

The kids were pretty good. We had a great evening and when we got home, they headed off to bed. It is so exciting to know that we have people that we can spend holidays like this with now :) Something we took for granted until we moved to Georgia.

Happy St. Patrick's Day. I hope you found the luck of the Irrrrrrrrish :) (I have no idea if that makes any sense.)

No comments:

Post a Comment