Monday, February 4, 2013

Our Ten Days Together

Well, with Alex gone and no visitors, that left me and the kids to do our thing on our own in Georgia. We had plenty of stuff to do to keep us busy including trips to Publix, trips to Target, packing, playing, and getting ready for our big move to Illinois. If I said it was an enjoyable week, I would be lying. We had our struggles. We had lots of together time and I had no break. I think the most difficult part of the week for me was that I did not know who I would call if something happened or if I needed help. Being that I never made friends in Georgia and our neighbors weren't all that welcoming (we never saw them), I had no idea who to call in an emergency, if someone broke in the house, if one of the kids got hurt, if the house caught on fire... you know, the small things in life.

I slept on the couch and heard every single noise that went on outside. It's just so creepy at night living in the woods and not even knowing your neighbors. I love our Georgia house except for the fact that the master bedroom is on one side of the house and the kids' rooms are on the other side of the house. Super annoying and I hate being that far from my kids. So I slept on the couch or slept with them in my bed with me. Either way worked just fine :) I only slept a few hours a night anyway... I mean, between Sawyer waking up to eat, hang out, whatever and then Charlotte having bad dreams and crying or waking up bc she peed through her jammies and then me waking up from weird noises, dogs barking, and crazy dreams.

We did, however, have some fabulous times. We love our time together...just us three. Although, too much of that time together can really make for lots of crying and fighting by all parties :)

Mr. Man started sitting in the big boy high chair instead of in his bouncy seat for his feedings!

He was even proud of himself.

We decided to vacuum all of the crumbs out of the couch.

I love when we do something new like that. Charlotte gets all shook up and Sawyer just got lost in it all.

"Whatcha gonna do about this??"

"Hey Mom. She's standing on the cushions. Just wanted to let you know."

This basket had been in the top of his closet. I thought it would be perfect for him to hang out in for a few pictures.

Love those rolls.

The most handsome boy ever.

Perfection.



The weather wasn't amazing the entire time we were alone. It got chilly. We tried to get outside once a day but, as always, the weather didn't necessarily allow for it.
We put on a few layers and went outside this day, though.
Doesn't she looks hilarious????? Just hanging out by herself on the porch. This picture pretty much makes my heart hurt.

Big boy!

Forcing a bit of a smile...

Whoa!

There is that crazy cheesy smile we all know and love.

This girl loves her brother.

He really does feel the same even if his facial expression doesn't show it.

Dead flowers. Perfect.

It was a good week but a hard week. Not having a break or anyone to talk to for ten days besides cashiers was a bit difficult. But I do love these kids and I love being a stay at home mom with them. I love our days together regardless of how long, stressful, and annoying some of them may be. I wouldn't change it for the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment