Wednesday, February 20, 2013

A Visit With The Greats...

On Wednesday, February 20, the kids and I left Metamora around noon and headed down to Kampsville to see Grandma and Grandpa Schumann (GREAT Grandma and Grandpa.) We were excited to hang out with them for the afternoon and evening. When we pulled into their driveway, Charlotte goes "ROWE" because last time she was there visiting (Christmas) she was playing with my cousin Rowe. Charlotte LOVES Rowe. She thinks he and Justin Bieber are the same person. :) When I show her a picture of the Biebs, she says, "Oh, Rowe." I informed her Rowe was at his house in NC:)

When we got there, the kids just acted like they go there everyday!

Sawyer was so happy to be out of his carseat.

Charlotte was so happy to see Grandma...and to have Grandma read to her.

I love their sunroom and I love taking pictures in it. The kids love to play in it.

She thinks she is sooooo funny :)

Grandpa came home from work. Sawyer loved hanging with Grandpa.

Grandma took a few naps throughout the day so while she was sleeping, Charlotte kept stealing her cup and drinking her water. This kid is crazy about cups and drinks.

Grandma just dozing along... :) 

I love this picture. :) The oldest man in my family and the youngest man in my family. I love it.

Charlotte and Grandpa read books as well.

Brown Bear Brown Bear is so funny!!!!
My other favorite picture from the day...

Charlotte and the Great Grandparents loved spending the afternoon together. Charlotte has really gotten used to living in Illinois already and loves to go visit Great Grandpa and Grandma.

We got ready and headed up to the Inn for dinner with Grandma and Grandpa.

We enjoyed a delicious dinner and Charlotte even made a friend while we were there. The Kampsville Inn never disappoints me. Charlotte played games in the game room with Grandpa. Naturally I forgot my camera at their house but she looked so cute playing with Grandpa.  She LOVED the games and naturally Grandpa felt the need to put money in the games. 

After dinner, we headed back to their house to hang out. By 7 pm, Grandpa and Grandma were both asleep in their recliners while the kids and I were playing. So I packed up the crazies and we headed across the river. I am so happy Charlotte loves spending time with them. It is such a relief.

Great day with great grandparents. 

We love you, Grandma and Grandpa.

No comments:

Post a Comment