Saturday, February 16, 2013

Mary's Last Fling Before the Ring

Mary is getting married in just over a month!! It is so surreal that we are at this point. Nine months ago we were all hugging in the living room after Chad proposed. Now, we have to have her last big party before she is married!!

Our theme for the fabulous evening/night was Cowboys and Mustaches... that will make sense to you as you see the pictures.

We started the evening with a delicious meal at Granite City. Great food, great environment, and my sneaky little plan worked. I made a reservation for 3:30 (the only time they had available) but told everyone to be their by 4:30. Anne and Aunt Bev went at 3:45 and told them that we had cancelled the reservation but the tables were already set up so they just held the table for us. Sneaky? Yes. A bit rude? Yes. But it was smart...

Cheers to Mary getting married!!!

Naturally I am the girl that brings her kids to a Bachelorette Party. This is Charlotte's fourth Bachelorette Party. No, I am not kidding.

 I feel creepy that I put this picture up because it looks like I was creeping on Michelle but I put it up anyway.

Nice picture, Kate. You look great.

After dinner (yeah, I should have taken more dinner pictures but I was too worried about my trolls)
we then headed to Mom and Dad's house for dessert, lingerie, games, and drinks.

Anne and I made burnt cupcakes. They were supposed to be flesh colored and in a special shape.


I love that Mary's friends took it upon themselves to bring fun little things for us to all wear and use... like mustache straws, cool little hats, games, and delicious drinks. Anne and I had everyone bring a pair of underwear for Mary. We put them up on a little "clothesline" in the kitchen and Mary had to guess who brought which pair. 

She wasn't very good at guessing. No offense, Bare.

Well, we ALL knew who brought these. Thanks, Aunt Kathy. They are perfect. Since they are white, she plans on wearing them on March 23.


ADORABLE underpants from one of her work friends. Amazing.

Sawyer loved his first all girl party.

We then played a game where everyone had a "girl" card and a "boy" card. I would state a fact and they would have to hold up a boy for Chad or a girl for Mary. Fun times...led to funny stories.

The BRIDE. Ready to go out on the town!

Mary and her future sister-in-law, Courtney...and her future niece or nephew :)

Mary and two of her favorite people from OSF's baby factory

Mary's ISU friends and four of her bridesmaids.

Mary's high school bests.

Mary and her "blood" aunts :) (Sounds creepy but you know what I mean I hope.) Naturally they were the ones that had alcohol in their picture :)

Our party posse!!!

Party bus was here and we were ready to rock. Anne and the Uzelac twins got the bus all decorated and ready. I got my kids settled. I left Charlotte crying for "Momma". She cried for an hour almost. Made my stomach and my heart hurt. However, it was party time! We loaded up everyone onto the bus and headed off to a great night of friends, fun, and festivities.

No comments:

Post a Comment