Saturday, February 9, 2013

Happy First Birthday, Wayne

February 9th was a super busy day for us! It was a party day!

Mary's Bridal Shower was held about 15 minutes from Mom and Dad's house. Then the kids and I piled into the car and drove the just over 2 hour drive down to Carrollton to celebrate Wayne's birthday. He turned one February 5th...he and Charlotte are 1 year and 3 days apart. For those of you who follow my blog, Wayne is my Aunt Kathy's grandson. The same Aunt Kathy that has come to Georgia and South Carolina many many times.

We got to the party right around 3 pm. We had stopped to get ready at Aunt Diane's house as we were coming into town and we picked up my cousin Melissa. She rode over to the party with us. We got there and were welcomed by tons of people, tons of food, and a play room for the kids to play in. We got there in time for cake and presents... two of the most important parts to the party :)

The birthday boy!!

Digging into that cake.

Get it, Wayne!!

Wayne opened all of his presents while Sawyer napped and Charlotte ran around playing with everyone. One of the presents he got was a wagon from Aunt Kathy. Well, we piled all of the Weber great grandchildren into it for pictures.

Our pretty babies.

They are almost all looking!! Maybe I can photoshop some eyes on Wane :)

Love these kids so much.

They are over it at this point.

Charlotte and Kyla have a tumultuous relationship. Charlotte wants to hug and hang out. Kyla does not. But here was a tender moment.

A sweet hug for Kyla. Charlotte is really into it. Closed eyes and everything.

Kyla loves sequins. I was wearing my shoes and she just kept following me around and I kept stepping on her. I finally just took them off.  She took that as an opportunity to wear them.

She is so funny!

It was a fabulous party. The food was great. It was so great to see everyone. Charlotte had an awesome time. I had a great time. Wayne is walking now. He was beat by the time we all headed out.

After the party was over, I took my two tired kids out to Grandma Ann's house. Katie came out as well as Aunt Kathy, Aunt Didi, and Uncle Darrin. We got some Alfonso's pizza (AMAZING) and waited for Alex to get into town. (It was a Saturday which meant he had to work but he got into town around 7 and he stopped by Eric's house for a drink or 4). Jake and Alicia came out to Grandma's house as well. Once Alex got there we decided we should get in the hot tub. With the kids asleep and Grandma on listening duty, Alex, Katie, Jake, Alicia and I got into the hot tub. It was pretty chilly but it was a blasty. Jake and Alex were feeling PRETTY good by the end of the hot tub experience :)

No comments:

Post a Comment