Thursday, February 7, 2013

Bye Bye Georgia

Well, we spent the rest of February 4th, all of February 5th, and the morning of February 6th packing, cleaning, and organizing. We got all of the kids' rooms packed, most of the toys packed, all but one cabinet of stuff in the kitchen (and it's a big kitchen), most of my room, and just a few odds and ends scattered. We got the entire house cleaned. We made piles for what would be travelling back with us when we made the final move. It was extremely productive. We were on a roll!!!

I loaded up the Tahoe on Wednesday morning. We had a LARGE pile of items to go with us back to Illinois. I took clothes, toys, food, all of Sawyer's feeding stuff, medicine, shoes, coats, wedding stuff, etc... all stuff we might need over the next month. I got it ALL to fit. Barely. One of the funniest parts was when we had the entire car piled up, I realized I had forgotten to pack my hanging up clothes. I had a big a bunch of them hanging out in my closet. The car I went to look for room. It was full. There was no room for anything else... just us humans.  But somehow, I found room. I have no idea how. 

We then loaded up.

Mom had her corner of the world in the very back.

The front seat was full. So full that I could barely see over the stuff to see the mirror.

Sawyer was packed in.

And happy pants had enough toys sat her feet and below her to last her a lifetime.

We left our house a little before 1 pm. We got through Atlanta and stopped North of Atlanta for lunch at Chick Fil A. I was the number one mom after lunch and gave Charlotte some hand sanitizer. She had burned her finger on a lamp the Sunday night before. Well, the scab had fallen off and it was raw and open. The gel hit it. She screamed, cried, was hysterical from North of Atlanta to passed Chattanooga. She finally stopped crying when we were in the mountains and we stopped and got her a donut. It's the small things. 

We stopped again in Nashville and went to Opryland Mills to eat dinner and walk around. We had a delicious meal and Charlotte even road the carousel with Gigi. We put both babies in their jammies and we piled back in our white trash wagon that was filled to the brim with items. (We looked like a bunch of hoarders.) We finished out the drive. I drove the entire trip. Mom was a trooper in the back with the kids. (Lots of up and down and feeling for pacis and cups and bottles.) All I did was man the steering wheel. We got home around 3 am. It was a nice long drive but it felt great to know we wouldn't have to be doing that with the kids for a VERY long time. Praise the Lord

So, we are now in Illinois...

We are Land of Lincoln residents. 

No comments:

Post a Comment