Friday, October 21, 2011

Over The River... Let's Go See Gram Millie

So the majority of our Day #3 was spent with my Grandma Millie. She lives in a town of 350 people (at least that's what the sign says, her and Grandpa say there's less.) My Grandfather is the Mayor of their town which makes her the First Lady. I will tell you, my Grandma runs a tight ship and she doesn't take crap from anyone. She's the perfect First Lady of Kampsville, IL.



In order to get to Kampsville, you have to cross a ferry... the closest bridge is over 18 miles out of the way. It's a neat experience if you aren't used to it and my cousin's husband actually drove Charlotte and I from one side to the other on the way to see Grandma.


Since we were spend the day with Grandma, we just decided to tag along with her normal Friday activities. So we went with her to the beauty shop and we ran into my Great Aunt Betty. She is Charlotte's Great Great Aunt... crazy, right??



Even though Charlotte hadn't met Aunt Betty yet, she was so happy to see her. She put on quite a show for her.



Aunt Betty gave Charlotte a dollar for some "ice cream" for later in the day. I have no idea where that dollar is. She may have eaten it...



Charlotte has seen Grandma like 4 times in her short little life but she really loved her. As soon as she saw her, she got really excited and was so happy to go to her. I really do believe she knows family even though she doesn't see them very often.



Jack-O-Lantern in Grandma's front yard.



I love this picture of my little cheetah girl...



I mean, why wouldn't you eat the leaves from the yard???



I love this picture.



There's a new mayor in town, folks!!!



I hope Grandpa doesn't mind the new way Charlotte arranged his desk.



So how many 8 month olds can say that they've met a bunch of prisoners??? The men/prisoners from the work camp up the road were there that day helping clean up parts of the town. Grandma is so sweet. She cooks for them, stocks the fridge for them, etc. The ones that saw Charlotte were in love with her. It was a great way for me to educate her that she will never be allowed to date a man that wears outfist like that.



We took a break from all of the hustle and bustle and went for a quick swing.



Of course we will have lunch at the Inn... and of course I had chicken... I don't even know if they serve anything else. Charlotte had something amazing.



Back across the ferry. I wish I had taken a pic of the ferry but I was dumb and didn't. I do love Illinois in the Fall.

It was a fabulous visit with my Grandma. It was so great for it just to be me, her and Charlotte. She loved the fact that she didn't have to share her with other people. I was so shocked when Charlotte went right to Grandma. It made me so happy. Grandma looks so good. She has a form of liver cancer but you'd never know it. She's doing so awesome and I am so proud of her. I look up to her so much. She just keeps dealing with the punches that life hands her. Being bull headed has really helped in this situation :)

Loved our day together , Grandma.

LOVE YOU!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment