Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Reunited with the Workmans!

Recently Charlotte and I made a trip back to the freezing cold Midwest :) We were not prepared for the cold, rainy temps that the Windy City had to offer when we landed at Midway Airport in the beautiful land of Chicago. Aunt Bare (my sister Mary) picked Charlotte and I up at the airport and took us to meet up with some of my favorite people. Three of the seven GDI's (my "real" sorority in college) were representing. Jennifer and Ashley met up with us at the Cheesecake Factory in one of Chicago's suburbs. It was a perfect lunch!!!


Charlotte and Addelyn are almost 2 months apart, although you can't tell it by this picture :) They look the same age. They were in their little princess thrones at the head of the table.



This is their third time being together in their short lives. They absolutely love each other. It's evident that there is a beautiful life long friendship forming... and future GDI's.



Grayden is one of my all time favorite children. He can sing, he can dance, he has the best personality in the entire world. He hung out with Mary while us moms took care of some diaper business in the bathroom. He sang some Justin Bieber songs for her. Such a charmer...



Aunt Bare loved seeing how Charlotte interacts with other kids... and how "quiet" she is in restaurants these days. I'm so glad there were understanding people around us. I have never heard an 8 month old as loud as Charlotte. Addelyn was on overload, I think. Poor girl.



Addelyn was such a good girl. She just sat there like the perfect little girl and ate her snacks. She was a great role model for Charlotte.



Looks can be deceiving. Charlotte looks like the picture perfect child eating her snacks. The random yells and screams for no reason are not capturing with a snapshot :) She was so excited to be with her friends though. I can completely understand her excitement!!!






Grayden and Ash are best friends forever. He makes the same facial expressions as her and is a spitting image of her. Love them.

Jennifer had to leave before I could get a photo of her. I think this was a fabulous little glimpse into the life of a mom for her. She doesn't have any children yet and I think we helped her see what life could be like with kids :) Her lunch with us was pretty short :) (She actually had to go to a work meeting. She wasn't running from the yells and squeals of my kiddo or the talk of baby food and baby poop that Ash and I kept having.)


BFF



Love this picture. They are quite a group.



Charlotte loved Grayden and he loved her. They were so sweet to each other.



Even though Charlotte has some crazy stranger anxiety going on, she loved Ashley. I'm sure she knew that she was Addelyn's mom.



Awesome lunch and quick shopping with the best of friends. Ash, I'm so glad you guys came out to meet us. I know it was a cold, wet day but we were so happy to see you. I really wish we lived closer to you. LOVE YOU SO MUCH.


On to see the fam...

1 comment:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE this blog!! And the photos!!!! You got some GREAT ones! We loved seeing you guys! I wish you would just move to Chicago gosh darn-it!! Although...I have always had an infatuation with SC!! xoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete