Friday, October 21, 2011

Good Morning Farm!

It was a beautiful (slightly chilly) morning on our Day#3 of our trip. I love morning and dusk, esp out on the farm. Isn't the farm gorgeous in these pictures????






One thing that would be so awesome about living closer would be that Charlotte could experience having a farm to go to. That was one thing as a child that I always loved. When I was younger, I'd spend a week at my Grandma's house every summer. I always brought "farm clothes" for each day. My cousins and I would ride the "3 wheeler" (that's what Grandpa had back then), we'd go fishing, we'd hang out in the barn, "help" Grandpa and Uncle Jim, the list goes on. It was awesome.

So that's what the farm looked like first thing in the morning.

This is what Charlotte looked like first this that morning.




That, my friend, is impressive hair for an 8 month old :) She got a bath before bed the night before. That's why it isn't too crazy... just straight forward.



Her bangs touch her lips. Nice.



Much better. Hair bow in. Time for some delish breakfast served by the one and only, "G".



Great Grandma Ann is just sooo funny when she feeds me.
( I love this picture.)



Uncle Jim stopped in to say "goodbye". Surprisingly enough, Charlotte let him hold her. She just kept touching his beard. I think she was thinking, "My daddy couldn't grown something like this. This is nuts!" 

Even though she looks a bit scared, Charlotte loved her visit with Grandma and all of the Webers. It was perfect. Goodbyes are always hard... even when you try to think of them as "see you laters"...



So, I forgot to include this in the post before... isn't it crazy how flat Illinois is?!?!??



I mean, this is what I looked at for the entire 2 hour and 15 minute drive from mom and dad's house to Grandma's house. I'm usually in awe of the flatness... for the first like 7.5 minutes. Then I'm over it and bored.


This is obviously the best way to be stopped behind a ten minute train. I love the smell of garbage on a Thursday.



Small town USA. Thanks Carrollton, IL for letting us visit. See you in December!!


No comments:

Post a Comment