Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Charlotte's No Good Very Bad Day

The day started out like any other.

Both kids woke up. We all got ready. They fussed while I got ready. I dressed them in super cute clothes. It was a Tuesday.

We were living by ourselves in Georgia. Our closest anyone that we knew was in Greenville, SC. It was just me and the kids... and Columbus in all it's glory. The weather was perfect. It was sunny and 75 (in January) so I knew we needed to get out of the house and go to the park. We go to a park on the North side of the city where I haven't really seen anyone too sketchy. I feel comfortable there for the most part. I picked out Charlotte's outfit but she picked out her shoes. They were a bit big but I didn't think anything of it and I threw another pair in the diaper bag just in case we needed to switch.

We got to the park on Double Churches road. She was SO EXCITED!!! (and would not go down the slide)

She LOVES to swing.

Sawyer loves to swing as well. How sweet do they look here?????

So far, so good!! :) 

Big girl!! She was kicking her legs and having a grand 'ole time.

He loved it. He just ate it all up.

Beautiful babies.

Here is where the problem comes in. After the swing and a little bit of digging in the sand, a creepy guy showed up at the park (at 11:30 on a Tuesday by himself dressed in all denim and boots and appeared to be just going on a stroll.). We decided to leave. With a bunch of  bribery, Charlotte started walking back to the car with me. She ended up falling and scraping her knee a bit. She cried for a few minutes but then she relaxed and we headed to McCallister's for lunch. I don't normally take the kids to restaurants by myself. They are still a bit much to handle when it comes to eating so we were going out on a limb here. Well, all was good in the hood and as we were walking in, she tripped on her big shoes and she fell and skinned her knee pretty good. She was screaming. Bloody murder. There was some blood. She was just screaming. So we ran inside to the bathroom (Sawyer in his carseat on my right arm, her on my left hip, and diaper bag over my shoulder.) She screamed in the bathroom, while we ordered, while we waited, while we ate, and the whole way home. It was a terrible lunch. Thankfully we sat outside to eat and there was a little boy not too much younger than her that kept distracting her from crying. But she still screamed off and on.

Once we got home she did get yelled at and she eventually took a nap.

Not a good day.

When she woke up, we SKYPED with Gigi to help distract her.

Love this picture.

Enjoying donuts and chocolate milk. Sawyer wants a bite.

We talked to mom for quite awhile and it helped Charlotte forget about her "Boo Boo" for awhile.
Not for forever, just for awhile.

THE BOO BOO
(Doesn't look like much but it really took over our day. She cried/screamed/yelled for over an hour and a half.)

"My Boo Boo ruined my day. 01/29/13"

Silly Boo Boo

Yes, he said "Mama" and reached for me while he said it. A whopping five months old and he said it. I was on the phone with my mom and she heard him say it and she actually thought it was Charlotte. NOPE! My boy loves his Mama.

Our day got better until bath time. Bath time consisted of Charlotte getting into the bath, sitting down, screaming, standing right back up and scaling her way out of the bath tub. She continued to cry for about 30 minutes. We applied Neosporin and PJ's with footies so she couldn't pull her pant leg up and view the area. 
WHAT. A. DAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment