Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Photoshoot in Charleston

It had been MONTHS since we had been back to Charleston to see our family and friends. I knew I wanted to make a trip there to see everyone. Well, Alex was sent to Texas for work from January 6-January 11. Mom was going to come down and help with the kids anyway so we made a trip to Charleston while she was visiting. Mom flew into Atlanta on Tuesday January 8 and took the shuttle to our house. It was nice to have her at the house a day before we decided to leave because then I could get the house cleaned up and get packed up. 

On Wednesday January 9, we got up at  4 am (mom got up at 3 bc she had left her alarm set from the day before on accident). We left the house by a little after 5 am. Both kids got put in their car seats and eventually fell back to sleep. I drove the entire way to South Carolina. By the time we reached Summerville, our windows were down and we were all in fabulous moods... despite the long drive and a bit of drama.

My fabulous friend, Beth V, loves to take pictures. She is so great with her camera. I wish I could put her in my pocket and take her along in life with me but that's just kind of creepy and not possible. She is so patient with my crazy kids and so good with them. She only had a bit of time open to take pictures of the kids and that was on Wednesday. She is a busy lady and we were able to make these plans last minute. So we headed to Daniel Island for the kids' photo shoot. Charlotte LOVED the fact that Beth brought all three of her boys with her this time.

It was overcast by the time we got to the park which was perfect for these pictures...






I stopped and got some balloons on the way to get pictures with Charlotte. She was a MANIAC with these so we went ahead and put them away for later.

I tried my hand at getting some pictures as well.

Charlotte's friends shared a sucker with her.

How much do you love this hat?

Peace out.


I love how chubby his cheeks are getting!!!

A bit blurry but he can be so happy :)

We were able to meet Baby Hollis Stackley who was the sweetest little man in the world. I didn't want to touch him just in case my little crazies had a bug that I wasn't aware of. It's not worth getting a newborn sick. Charlotte was able to play with Jaxson which she LOVED. Diane looked fabulous and was doing amazing with two little ones. 
We got checked into our hotel and got settled then we headed over to the Price's house for a deliciously fabulous home cooked meal. MAN I HAVE MISSED ALYSIA'S COOKING!!!  The girl is a rockstar and learned from the very best (her Momma and her Grandmomma). It was so good to see them. Charlotte was in love with their dogs (shocking) and she loved playing with Aunt "Seasa". They got her a little Sesame Street kitchen for her birthday. Alysia put it together with the help of her brother-in-law, Gene. She did a great job... a bit of a carpenter in her. The food was great and the company was fabulous and time went by way too fast.

We had such a busy crazy day but it was a great day!!! We loved our time with Beth, the Stackleys, and the Prices. 

Stay tuned for the rest of our amazing trip to our old home...

No comments:

Post a Comment