Sunday, January 13, 2013

The Last Leg Of The Trip

On Saturday morning, we were happy to not have to wake up really early to get somewhere. Friday had been a big day of travel and Momma had gone out with friends. I was NOT hungover though...just tired. (Thankfully.)

Saturday, January 12, 2013, was our day to spend enjoying the BEAUTIFUL city we had had to leave 8 months prior. We started out with lunch at California Dreaming. Two beautiful ladies joined us... Jules (Aunt Juju) our realtor and my fabulous friend, Lindsey.

Aunt Juju came with birthday gifts for the crazy girl!!!

This doll was HILARIOUS...and annoying if Charlotte was allowed to play with it too much. It was the perfect gift!! I mean, the smile says it all!!! She LOVED it!!!

She just kept laughing when she would push one of the buttons that made it talk.

She LOVED it. Now, Charlotte did not wear this same smile the entire meal. She was tired, crabby, and did not like too many people. Although she did sit on Lindsey and Julie's laps at one point. She just was in a mood.

It was so fabulous to see these two ladies. Charlotte loved the attention (shocking, I know.) Sawyer loved the snuggles. It was a delicious meal.
(As I write this, Charlotte keeps saying, "Hey Juju!!!")

Blue eyed babes

Thank you, Linds and Jules for meeting us. Miss you both more than you know!!!
Jules, thank you for all that you do for us. We would be lost in this world without you. The kids are so lucky to have an Aunt Juju :) and we are so lucky to have you guiding us through this crazy process. We love you dearly.

After lunch, we headed across the bridge into Charleston. You know, I love that city. I miss it so much. It's amazing. It's gorgeous. I felt like I had never left. I was just in awe as I was driving down all of the old streets with the windows down (and Charlotte crying.)

We went to The Market first...Mom wanted to get some good stuff there.

Oh, sweetgrass baskets, I wish I could afford you :)


Grandma Ann, here is your pottery lady. 

We walked the entire Market and we got some delicious ice cream to share. We then walked down to Waterfront Park. Sawyer was hanging out in the Baby Bjorn and he fell asleep. I started talking and moving him and he woke up right as mom took this picture. He was literally sleeping just like this.

Charleston Harbor.

If it had been a warmer day and if I had had room for our double stroller, we would have walked that bridge. LOVE THAT BRIDGE.

Finally able to take a bit of a nap.

The firemen were out on their boat. Charlotte was hysterical watching them. She was a bit of a creep about it :)

This, right here, tells what her mood was all day. SASSY.

Our little man woke up and was LOVING being outside.

"Hey Mom!!"

Sawyer sat with Gigi and played while Charlotte and I ran around.

And run she did!!!! ("Momma! I runs!!")

Beautiful. Love. This. Place.

We had to hang out at the fountain a bit. She couldn't understand why I would let her run through it like some of the other dirty little kids. I was just like, "Um, no. We aren't going to do that today."  Here she was watching a little boy run around the fountain. She ended up finding a friend in a little girl. They held hands for a few minutes and Charlotte tried to drag her into the fountain. I apologized to the parents. I was like, "Sorry. She comes on a little strong."

Love this one. Running to Gigi.

And here was the final thing we saw as we got into our car to head to North Charleston.

I mean, really lady??? I guess I just wish I had her confidence. I mean, I haven't worn shorts that short since I was Charlotte's age. My swimming suit bottoms aren't even that short.

After we got into the car, we headed to North Charleston to see the Wittner's BEAUTIFUL home. Nicole and Josh bought an amazing home in Wescott Plantation in August and we needed to make sure we saw it before we headed back to Georgia. Nicole's grandmother had passed away earlier in the week so this was the only time I was able to see her. Charlotte LOVED their house...and the little boy they were babysitting. She went nuts bc she had a "friend" at their house AND a "dog dog". 

Afterwards we were exhausted so we grabbed dinner and headed back to the hotel to eat it and go to bed early. We were all crabby and tired.

Charleston was amazing.Our time there always goes way too fast. We got up at 5 am so we could leave the hotel by 6:15 am. We stopped by Kmart in West Columbia to see Grandpa Jackson. He had to work that day so we made the time to stop and see him for a few minutes. We then headed to Irmo/Columbia to have breakfast. Aunt Amelia came to Cracker Barrel to meet us bright and early for breakfast. She was the only other family member that was able to see us on Sunday morning. We had to get mom back to Atlanta in time for her afternoon flight. We were able to leave Columbia right at 10 am and we were in Atlanta in time to let the kids out of their seats, get a quick bite to eat, and put mom on her flight to St. Louis.

It was bittersweet saying goodbye at the airport. This was our last time having to do the airport goodbye with mom. This was our last time of having to say goodbye for such a long period of time to mom. However, at the end of the day, especially after such a great long five days together, mom was still a bit tearful. Goodbyes are never easy :)

We headed back to Columbus and got back to our normal. The kids got to see Alex for the first time in a week. We ate dinner and just hung out for the rest of the night. Perfection.

What a great week...

No comments:

Post a Comment