Thursday, January 10, 2013

Come Party In Our Hotel Room

I travel to visit friends and family quite a bit. When I go back to Illinois, I do not just sit at my mom and dad's house for 6 days and wait for the week to pass me by. Even if I am just at their house for 36 hours, I am still trying to make the most of my hours with them. I run around like crazy and have my time planned down to the minute sometimes. Well, visiting Charleston is no different now. Charleston is full of some of the people that I love the most in this world. Charleston has the family that I made for myself over 7 yrs ago when I moved. Even though it is a busy few days, I wouldn't want it to be any other way.

That being said, we went back to the hotel on Thursday after our time at Monkey Joe's and we relaxed for a bit. Charlotte took a MINIMAL nap and was in quite a mood. I knew that she would be fine once Gavin go there though.

Leslie and Laynie came to see us after Leslie got off of work. Charlotte LOVES kids... and was totally loving that Laynie was there to play!

We had a bunch of toys that we brought with us. As usual, Charlotte and Gavin felt the need to dump them out into the middle of the floor in the hotel room. I mean, why not???

These two crack me up. They are always taking turns riding in the stroller.

Sawyer got to get his snuggles in from Leslie again. She is so good with babies.

We ordered pizza from Papa John's and we had snacks, fruit, and vegetables to eat. All us enjoyed some deliciousness. 

Our two hot messes... don't you love the yoga pants that Charlotte is rocking!!!

We loved our time with the Midgetts, the Johnsons, and Leslie H. Charlotte really had an amazing early birthday.

Leslie H stayed with us for bath time and wind down time. Her and I got to sit and talk and hang out...something we haven't gotten to do since May. We got to catch up on life. It was fabulous and really reminded me of how much I miss her. Charlotte helped her give Sawyer a bath...

...and I am sure she was really a huge help.

Charlotte was exhausted at the end of the day.

And so was Sawyer. 

Thank you friends for an amazing day. Yes it was busy but I consider myself lucky that I could be so busy bc I have so many wonderful people to see!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment