Friday, November 29, 2013

Black Friday... We Traveled and Ate

Instead of getting up really obnoxiously early on Black Friday and heading out shopping, I got up at normal time and headed down to see family. Alex had to work (shocking I know) so the kids and I piled into the Tahoe. We headed to Carrollton first to see Grandma Ann and whatever Webers were around. We got there in time for lunch!
 
The crazies had to see the kitties AS SOON as they walked into the house.

The baby kitties that had grown since the last time we had visited Grandma.

Jake came to play too. He gave Sawyer a hat...

Liss helped make lunch and in turn she had Charlotte help her too :)
Charlotte LOVES to cook.

Does this not just steal your heart?????
I would be a cat lady if I could. I really wish I could....

I messed up the cropping and editing of this picture. I chose not to fix it. It's the odd picture out. But how funny are these two.

Melia, my cousin (the next Weber cousin in line after me), gave birth to her beautiful baby girl at the beginning of November. Here we are meeting her for the first time. Charlotte fell in love. Absolutely in love.
 
Grandpa Richy came out to visit with Melia and her two girls. He is smitten by baby Allana. Sawyer loved her too....and you can always find Liss wherever all of the babies are :)

Grandma loves her great grandbabies :) Sitting with her oldest and her youngest.

Pretty baby girl...

After we hung out for the greater part of the afternoon, I loaded the kids up and headed over to the Villa for Thanksgiving with the Schumanns.  We got there just in time to eat with everyone. Grandma and Grandpa, Bev and T, and Aunt Betty and Uncle Paul came down. Mom cooked a delicious meal.

Sawyer loved hanging out with Aunt Bev.
 
Aunt Bev, Grandpa, Grandma, and Mom

Grandpa loves picture time. All of these ladies just tell him what to do.

 

Do you see the similarities?

Dad was taking pictures on his Ipad as well. After he took the pictures, they all had to look at them. So funny.

I have no idea what he is saying here.

Gigi is so funny.

Cousin Chet came over to see all of us. Sawyer loves him. Charlotte is scared of him and his beard.

 
 
I told Charlotte that if she would smile then Chet would go home. This is the smile I got.

Papa and his two babies...

...fighting over the Ipad.

After I ate supper, I ended up getting sick a few times. I threw up multiple times. Everyone else felt fine. I had no idea what was going on. I was so extremely nauseous that I couldn't function. However, both kids only wanted "mommy" to put them to bed. So I had to suck it up to get them to sleep. While I was rocking Sawyer to sleep, Charlotte fussed and stood outside of the room.

She fell asleep standing up and pouting....
 

 
The rest of the night was awful. I threw up consistently from 6 pm until 2 am. Projectile vomiting that then led to just dry heaving like a mad woman. I continued to dry heave off and on all night. In between I would fall asleep with my head on the toilet seat for awhile and then move back to the bed. I didn't eat or drink anything from 6 pm on. In the middle of the night, I heard Dad start to get up and run to the bathroom. He was doing the same thing I was. By morning, Mom had joined us in the sick kids group. When we talked to Mary later in the day, she also was having vomiting. I still had to drive home the morning of the 30th because it was Alex's birthday. So I made the 3.5 hour drive home from the Villa. It was awful. But by the time I got home, I had eaten a few pretzel sticks and had drank a bit of water. I felt awful the entire next day. Charlotte, Sawyer and Alex eventually had their rounds with it....but none of them vomited like I did. Holy cow!!!!
 
I hate that I was sick and couldn't enjoy all of the Thanksgiving celebrations. Regardless, it was a great Thanksgiving.


No comments:

Post a Comment