Sunday, December 1, 2013

A Baptism and A Birthday!

On Sunday, December 1, 2013, I woke up feeling so much better and I was so glad that the stomach bug was out of my system. I got a bunch of sleep on that Saturday night and I was like a new person.
 

Mary and Chad decided to commit their lives to Christ and they both got baptized that day. They both wanted to be baptized prior to their sweet baby being born.

 

I was in the back of the chapel sitting by my parents and Chad's parents but I was still able to get a few good pictures once I cropped them.

 


I should have gone up and moved that microphone.

Mom and Dad and I all attended the Baptism. (I left Alex at home with both kids.)

Two of Mary's great friends from ISU and their significant others also attended the Baptism. They drove from Morton and Normal to attend. She is so lucky to have such great and supportive friends. (They are both SUPER nice and just really lovely girls.)
 
 
I left after I took this last picture. As I got to my car, I realized I didn't have my keys. I lost them. I have NO idea where they went. Chad's AMAZING mom and dad took me back to my house to get my keys and then drove me back to Eureka to get my car. They are such great people. (I am writing this at the end of April and the keys have NOT been found. Ever. I don't know where they are.)
 
When I got home we started our Christmas preparations. We got the Advent calendar/candy countdown out that Gigi had bought each kid.

 

How exciting!! A piece of chocolate EVERY DAY!!!

After supper and baths, we decided to go ahead and give Daddy his birthday presents. (Since I was so sick the night before, we didn't do a single thing for his birthday.)

We made him finger paintings.

Each kid was SO PROUD of what they had made him.

He is so pretty.

 

We also got out their Christmas trees for their room (From the Kohl's clearance rack from last year...$2 per tree.)

Those were a hit!!!
 
 
We had a great Sunday at home with the kids. The Christmas Season is beginning!

No comments:

Post a Comment