Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Oh Christmas Tree....

On Tuesday December 3, we got up early and headed out to find our Christmas Tree.  It wasn't a very cold day but it was misty and gross out. Alex had a doctor's appt for his 15 month check up so we had to go somewhere kind of quick. We decided to head to Schaer's Country Market (well, it was pretty much a given we would get our tree there. I worked there back in college and my high school best friend's parents own it.)
 
Charlotte was so excited to pick out a tree....and she was so excited that we were buying it from Ella's Grandpa.

Alex always asks a bunch of questions about the process :) Sawyer was pretending to listen.

So excited about Christmas Tree day.

Sawyer really wanted to help pick out a tree.

Charlotte just loved running in between all of the trees.

We found our winner. It was shipped from Wisconsin or Minnesota or something like that.

Does he not just make you melt????

Ella's Grandpa (Big Gare) got us all set up and ready.

And the market kitty cat even came over to say hey. Once Morris was in the picture, Charlotte and Sawyer could have cared less about the tree.

After we got the tree, Alex and Charlotte headed home with it (they ran a few errands too and were responsible for getting the  outside lights put on the house.) Sawyer and I ran to the doctor's office. (Well first we had a date at Panera Bread then we headed to the doctor).  He hated it. He screamed the entire time that we were in there. I told the doctor about how he kind of limps when he walks (I just wanted her to document it and know in case she saw him still doing it when he is like 3 and that way she doesn't think I am negligent as a parent.) I told her that I think he limps or always has one leg bent while standing and I think that it is because he is bowlegged or maybe he has one leg shorter than the other. She doesn't like the idea of waiting to see if he grows out of it so she ordered a hip xray to be done. I'm sure he will love that....
 
After the doctor's office, we headed home to help Daddy and Goose.
 
What a dreary day...but at least it wasn't freezing out.

They were such good helpers.

Kids and ladders. They just can't resist standing on that ladder.
 
 

 Such a productive day so far (which is good because when I scheduled it in my head, I scheduled it jammed pack.) We have such an exciting Christmas season ahead of us!!!!!
 
Time to decorate that tree....

No comments:

Post a Comment