Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving.... :)

So I haven't written in this blog for a LONG time. So many things have prevented me from doing it....everything from not being able to get my computer to work to my computer needing to be wiped clean and started over to me getting a new photo editing program to not having time between babies... and family....and lots of events... and taking pictures for other people.... But I am back....with a goal to do a blog post a day to get caught up since I am FIVE months behind!!!!
 
Happy Thanksgiving from the Jacksons!! :)
 
The night before Thanksgiving, Alex and I attended a fabulous party at the Shoff's house. I went to high school with Scott and college with Erica. So the party was a blend of people from his home town, her home town, and their grown up life. I was SUPER SUPER nervous about the party BUT my friend Erin and her hubby were there too so I knew that I had people to rely on if I got weird. :) Mom and Dad watched the kids so that Alex and I could go out and enjoy ourselves. I drank much too much and felt pretty horrible the next morning.
 
 
Thanksgiving morning we enjoyed a delicious and festive brunch at the Meredith's house! Mom and Dad have been attending this for the last few years and we were actually able to attend this year! Alex went with our neighbors to help serve Thanksgiving lunch to the tornado victims in Washington (our neighboring town).  He missed brunch and the food prep.

At brunch we all had drinks (which helped the hangover), and snacks and enjoyed the company. Then I headed home with the babies. I put them down for naps and I prepared Thanksgiving dinner.
John came over and helped me make the food and helped me with the kids.

Sawyer loves his Uncle Poop

We had so much delicious food and it really didn't take that long to make it all.

Mom brought the homemade pies (AMAZING) and Mary brought the homemade bread.

We had a beautiful spread....so delicious.

The counters in our shoebox kitchen were filled with yummy food and lots of love :) (cheesey but true).

Lunch was perfect. Mom, Dad, Mary, Chad, John, and our four all enjoyed our Thanksgiving meal together.

Charlotte thought the Thanksgiving meal was delicious.
 
We had an amazing Thanksgiving Day... so different from past Thanksgiving Days. But it was perfect. It was filled with Family, Food, Fun. We are so thankful for the last year in our lives.
 
And we are thankful that there is a day set aside on the calendar to remind us to all be thankful for what we have.

No comments:

Post a Comment