Monday, November 12, 2012

We Are Headed to the Windy City!

Sunday morning, we got up and got everything all packed up. Our plan was that we would go to the suburbs of Chicago and spend the night so I could see my college friends. 

Charlotte was bright eyed and bushy tailed waiting for Aunt Bare to get home from work.

I LOVE THIS PICTURE. Cracks me up.

Putting out the vibe.
Mom went to church and dad and I stayed home with the kids. I put Charlotte down for a nap and dad took care of Sawyer. He was so good with him... even when he was fussy, he didn't feel the need to have me help calm him. 

Uncle Poop stopped by to tell us goodbye. Shockingly enough, my kids love him. Charlotte always goes straight to him and will kiss him and everything. Children are good judges of character :) (He made them each a stuffed animal at Build A Bear....Charlotte a kitty that "meows" and Sawyer a monkey that makes monkey noises.)

Mom, the kids, and I headed out around 1:30. We stopped and got snacks for the hotel room and headed up to the hotel. Dad was a few minutes behind us. He drove up to spend a few more hours with the kids. We got to the hotel, got settled, and Tammy and Nicholas showed up to swim!! And Jennifer came out from the city to hang with us for a bit.

Mom agreed to go in the pool with Charlotte... that way I didn't have to make everyone jealous by them seeing me in a swimming suit.

The girl loves her water.

She is so funny.

Nicholas was a crazy water baby too! He loved it.

Charlotte came on a bit strong for Nicholas' taste but I think if they had more time together, they would probably fall in love!

After swimming, we headed upstairs and got ready for dinner with the rest of our GDI's (with the exception of Brianne.) Amy met us at the hotel. Charlotte LOVED Jennifer. I think she thought that Jennifer was there just for her. She played and played with her. Miss Debbie came to visit with mom and see the kids. She loved her snuggle time with Sawyer (While we were in the pool, Dad even stayed upstairs and watched Sawyer ALL BY HIMSELF. He loves his grandson!)

Chris came to get Nick so Tammy could go to dinner with us. Sawyer loved his hang out time with her too.

After we got ready, Jennifer, Tammy, Amy and I met Ashley and Erica just across the interstate for dinner at Cooper's Hawk Winery. Fabulous food with even more amazing friends. It was so good to see them. You know, after living in a town with NO friends, it felt good to be around people that have been my friends for more than 10 years. It was so good to see all of them. We talked, laughed, ate... I miss all of them dearly. Ash drove me back to the hotel. We had a wonderful chat and it reminded me of how much I miss her. When I got up to the room, both kids were sleeping, and mom was hanging out. So thankful for momma.... We hit the hay in anticipation of our flight the next day...

Our flight to Georgia at around 1 pm so we had to be at Midway airport at 11. Our flight was good! Both kids slept. We both had window seats... I sat in front of mom and Charlotte. A very nice lady sat next to me and I even let her hold Sawyer... I could tell she wasn't creepy at all. We got back into Fortson/Columbus aroun 6:30. We were so happy to be back home to Alex!

No comments:

Post a Comment