Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012 Part 3

We decided to go out for a deliciously fabulous Thanksgiving meal. We actually had an amazing restaurant in our hotel that was serving Thanksgiving dinner. So, we packed up the Brady Bunch and went downstairs to McCormick's and Schmick's for our Thanksgiving. 

 I was very nervous about taking our 2 rowdy kids to a very nice restaurant. I mean, our version of "nice" restaurants these days is Texas Roadhouse and Carraba's. 

However, once we got there, my two napless children started showing signs that sleep might be what they were going to order at the restaurant. Here is Sawyer 2 minutes before he fell asleep.

Here is Alex telling a wild story...and Daniel intently listening :) Can you tell by the position of Alex's hands that he was telling a crazy story????

My little whiney princess laid her head on my shoulder and was asleep in just a few short minutes.

So happy to be with my friend again.

While my kids slept, Ella just played and watched movies on the Ipad. Such a good girl!

We enjoyed some fancy little appetizers.

Here was my Thanksgiving meal... I had grouper.... naturally.

Alex had salmon. Another natural pick for Thanksgiving.

Ella had chicken strips and she LOVED them.

Once Goose woke up, she was ready to graze on everyone's meals.

We ordered her some fruit to top it all off. She was LOVING it.

Sawyer woke up when we were all finished as well!

So he had a tastey lunch of Similac Spit up with rice added to it. YUMMM

After our meal, we decided that a photoshoot was needed.

The Hicks family

The Jackson Family

Love my family so much!

The whole group!

Those with kids.... Daniel opted out of this picture.

The best of friends.

I can only imagine what they are saying here!!

And I can only imagine what Sawyer is saying here :)

One last walk before we say goodbye... :(

The front desk girls were loving our two little buddies.

Charlotte was so happy to have her friend back...even if it was just for 24 hours.

Love this one.






We headed back to our rooms, got our bags, and we headed out. It was so fabulous to see our friends. We have missed them so much!!! Saying goodbye sucked... 

We drove the hour and a half home... neither of our cars acted up! (Thank the Lord.) We got home all in one piece and with minimal crying from our kids. I made phone calls to my family on the way home telling them all Happy Thanksgiving. We skyped with mom at Grandma Ann's house when we got home. What a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday!! Thank you Hicks Family and Mr. Sickler for spending it with us!! We love you guys!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment