Friday, November 9, 2012

Back To Gigi and Papa's House

On Thursday morning, October 8, 2012, we woke up in the glorious town of Carrollton, IL :)  We woke up at Grandma Ann's house and got ready. We were on the road back to mom and dad's house by 9. Mom had a meeting to speak at and I had a dentist appt me at 2 pm. Charlotte woke up in a FOUL mood. She cried. She screamed. She pulled her hair. She kicked. She screamed. She got put in time out and yelled by her mean old mom. Nothing seemed to make her stop though. She, against her will, was eventually strapped into her carseat for the 2 hour drive to mom and dad's house. She was a force to be reckoned with...

We got to their house and she was still a terror. I was glad I got to leave...although when I left to go to the dentist, my throat was scratchy from yelling at her. Mary got left with both kids... she said she was excited. I highly doubted it. Mom got home after a bit and took over.  When I got home from the dentist, Charlotte was safe and asleep. PHEW. 

Papa was so happy when he got home from work and found his two favorite kids at the house waiting on him.

He is in love.

Uncle ChaCha came to visit us for the evening.

Friday morning we got up and got ready so we could meet Dad for lunch with all of his agents.

We ran did some Christmas shopping. We got a bunch of things knocked out! Then we met dad in Hanna City with all of his agents (he has like 30 now). We ate lunch with all of them. Charlotte and Sawyer were the stars of the show!

Sawyer even dressed like Papa for the occasion.

Mom, Mary, and Charlotte all wore cheetah :) Charlotte refers to all Cheetah as "Gigis"

I love this picture. Charlotte is so crazy about Mary.

Proud Grandparents.

Another shot. Charlotte looks so cute in this one.

CHEESE!!!

I love Sawyer's hair here.


After we finished lunch and shopping, we headed back to mom and dad's. I went the Bradley University basketball game and took my fabulous friend, Jodi. Dad, Jodi and I went to dinner in downtown Peoria then headed to the basketball game. Dad and his agents had the "party" box with free beer and popcorn. We had a bunch of fabulous drink. Mary and Chad came over and meet us. It was Chad's birthday and we were so happy we got to spend some of it with him!!! The game was a blast...even if we didn't watch it. We helped hand out posters and then took Jodi back to her humble abode. Dad dropped me off at a townie bar in Metamora to meet Mary, Chad and John. It was a homely little night there :) (no offense to anyone in there). We played darts, John sang like 39 karaoke songs, and Mary and I did our own rendition of "I Will Survive". 

Fabulous few days with wonderful people!

No comments:

Post a Comment